Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Nope... still the same error. Standby for full log...

INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed

<ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed

2012年4月15日 下午09:51:03 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Finished!

2012年4月15日 下午09:51:03 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat returned failure error code 1

INFO: retrying trenchcoat
    If V6, is doing this then, there is an issues with the webOS rootfs file... Will compare webOS 2.1.x rootfs with webOS 2.2.4.
    V6...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Crazy idea... should I try the same script with the 2.2.3 files?

I have them on my Linux box as well.

--

EDIT: Tried it, same error.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 04/15/2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Crazy idea... should I try the same script with the 2.2.3 files?

I have them on my Linux box as well.

--

EDIT: Tried it, same error.
    I have not tested webOS 2.2.3 rootfs with this build, it was designed with webOS 2.2.4 in mind (as that is the latest, once supered it will be just like Pre2/Pre3.

FYI V7 script was released (which has been tested on one AT&T Veer and worked... Read first post...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/17/2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I have not tested webOS 2.2.3 rootfs with this build, it was designed with webOS 2.2.4 in mind (as that is the latest, once supered it will be just like Pre2/Pre3.

FYI V7 script was released (which has been tested on 1 AT&T Veer and worked... Read first post...
    What does it mean when the script is "supered"?

If V7 provides a working doctor for 2.2.4, I'll give it a shot when I get home...
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    What does it mean when the script is "supered"?

If V7 provides a working doctor for 2.2.4, I'll give it a shot when I get home...
    Per the first post (The Super Script):

The first script has been tested by others and it worked, I have posted a second script that will create a new super doctor with updated webOS 2.2.4 components (from the Pre2 build), Updated Bing Maps, transforms webOS 2.1.2 Maps app to GoogleMaps, bring back the older YouTube App and Amazon MP3 (from webOS 2.1.2) and Motionapps Classic Bits. FYI it is being tested on one AT&T Veer and working well...

The first script (The Base Build Script):

If you used the first script’s JAR file and run it, it will be a webOS 2.2.4 stock (but again not supered, this is just to test build the doctor, I got it according to the MD5SUMS the closest I can come to a stock webOS 2.2.4 doctor, there are a few files that had to change).

This would be the closest thing to the doctor HP/PALM doctor they used to build the device that ended up on ebay...

FYI V7 has reported to work on one AT&T device...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/17/2012 at 08:00 PM.
    Sounds good. If this helps with the dropped call issue some people are experiencing with 2.2.4 there will be no good reason not to update.
    FYI V7 has reported to work on one AT&T device...
    I second that.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:20 PM.
    OK got mine built as well, doctoring now. How can I get the logfile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    OK got mine built as well, doctoring now. How can I get the logfile?
    Run it from the command line using java -jar filename.
    Set the path to the Java dir though or run it from there.
    Logfile will be saved under the Java dir. I usually just look for the last modified files in a dir.
    Looks like it's working on mine too
    Looks like it's working on mine too
    Can I ask, whats different about this to the method used/provided on Herries Blog? Is it just that its easier? or is it better???
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Can I ask, whats different about this to the method used/provided on Herries Blog? Is it just that its easier? or is it better???
    At the moment it's not better, it's still work in progress.

The final goal will be that we'll use the elements from the real Pre2/3 2.2.4 Doctor and can create a "real" Doctor for the Veer with 2.2.4 as well, so the Veer can be updated using Doctor which has a lot more safety features built in compared to the scripts that I compiled
  14.    #54  
    At the moment it's not better, it's still work in progress.

The final goal will be that we'll use the elements from the real Pre2/3 2.2.4 Doctor and can create a "real" Doctor for the Veer with 2.2.4 as well, so the Veer can be updated using Doctor which has a lot more safety features built in compared to the scripts that I compiled
    That is the intention with the super script (released on first post)?
    That is the intention with the super script (released on first post)?
    Ah it wasn't yes I believe there when I tested V7 yesterday?

I will try later today

With regards to the various bits (Updated Bing Maps, transforms webOS 2.1.2 Maps app to GoogleMaps, bring back the older YouTube App and Amazon MP3 (from webOS 2.1.2) and Motionapps Classic Bits) your adding/replacing from earlier versions, is there any clear explanation for each one of them, to tell what they do exactly?
  16.    #56  
    Ah it wasn't yes I believe there when I tested V7 yesterday?

I will try later today

With regards to the various bits (Updated Bing Maps, transforms webOS 2.1.2 Maps app to GoogleMaps, bring back the older YouTube App and Amazon MP3 (from webOS 2.1.2) and Motionapps Classic Bits) your adding/replacing from earlier versions, is there any clear explanation for each one of them, to tell what they do exactly?
    I have done an exhaustive compare of the info files (usr/lib/ipkg/info) which happens to match md5sums, I compare all files (~22000 of them)... If you want me to zip that xlsx file I can it is ugly...

From my research the following modules are different in webOS 2.2.4 (pre2/pre3 compare) to webOS 2.2.4 (Veer):
    com.palm.app.messaging com.palm.app.phone com.palm.service.accounts com.palm.service.calendar.google
    com.palm.service.calendar.yahoo luna-init app-ipkgs

Now the super script extracts these and imports them into the super doctor.

As for the other bits, the Bing Maps is updated as part of app-ipkgs module, the older Maps app is extracted from webOS 2.1.2 and transformed into GoogleMaps (like Pre2/PrePlus/PixiPlus scripts I have made), bringing back the older webOS 2.1.2 YouTube (instead of using the web based bookmark version, although both will be there), Amazon MP3 (installed from webOS 2.1.2), and Classic bits from Verizon webOS 1.4.5.1 (ROM) and webOS 2.0.1 so if one installs classic app it will work.

Hope this helps...
    Not sure if this is my test Veer acting up, but no response from the touchscreen after installing the super veer 2.2.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Not sure if this is my test Veer acting up, but no response from the touchscreen after installing the super veer 2.2.4.
    You have to do the PmTpUpdater manually still due to the 2.1.2 version of the uImage and therefore the new PmTpUpdater is not part of the Doctor. Same applies for A6 and Modem update.

I'm not sure who could update the uImage with the updated files?
    You have to do the PmTpUpdater manually still due to the 2.1.2 version of the uImage and therefore the new PmTpUpdater is not part of the Doctor. Same applies for A6 and Modem update.

I'm not sure who could update the uImage with the updated files?
    I don't have to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I don't have to do anything.
    ??? You need to run the PmTpUpdater and "start hidd" otherwise the Touchscreen won't work
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast