Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
    Hi,
    first thanks for all the efforts. Would someone be so kind to answer me two questions?

1: I have updated my european Veer a couple of months ago to 2.2.3 with the instructions given in Herries Blog. After updating the modem firmware, i had no in call reboots anymore. But I skipped the A6 Update. Now I want to make a clean 224 doctor, for me an my girlfriends veer, wich is still on 2.1.2. What do you think, will I be affected by the reboots if I use the the created 224 doctor? And are there any files that could be useful to backup now, to compare them later if reboots will occure with the new doctor?

2: As written above I am creating a 224 doctor with modified uImage at the moment, but I have a little problem now. I want to patch the ramdisk, but the script breaks with the message:
    "Error: Starting ramdisk md5 does not match!"
    The funny thing is that my "nova-installer-image-broadway-4" wich I extraxted from bd2g....aisb8.rar is different from the one mentioned on http://www.isysop.com/unpacking-and-...images-part-2/. The version there is "last modified: Fri Apr 15 12:01:11 2011" mine is "last modified: Sat Feb 19 18:08:59 2011".Additionally it is called "nova-installer-image-broadway-403994.rootfs.ext2" not only "nova-installer-image-broadway-4".

Thanks a lot
    Thomas
  2.    #202  
    When one creates a uImage from scratch, take the uImage from the veer webOS 2.1.1/2 build directory of meta doctor, that will be 100% valid as that is an extract from HP/Palm.

Then follow the process to split then patch then join back together.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 08/28/2012 at 09:39 AM.
    Ok thanks a lot.
    The 2.1.2 AT&T uImage did it. I am buildung a WR doctor, could it be a problem, that i had to use the AT&T uImage for my WR doctor?
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob84 View Post
    Ok thanks a lot.
    The 2.1.2 AT&T uImage did it. I am buildung a WR doctor, could it be a problem, that i had to use the AT&T uImage for my WR doctor?
    Either version does not matter the A6/Touchpanel firmware for webOS 2.1.1/2.1.2 is the same and you are updating it anyway to webOS 2.2.4 versions. The uImage is just the boot image to get to the device.
    Hi,
    thanks again. It all ran more or less smooth. Only the "not found in archive" messages are irritating, but I "savely ignored" them...

Maybe I found a little bug in your build-veer-2.2.4 script. In line 141 it is written:

[ ! -f ./build/${DOCTOR}/223/${UIMAGE} ] || { echo "Found custom uImage using that instead..." ; CUSTOM_UIMAGE="yes" ; }

I think it should be 224 instead of 223, or? So

[ ! -f ./build/${DOCTOR}/224/${UIMAGE} ] || { echo "Found custom uImage using that instead..." ; CUSTOM_UIMAGE="yes" ; }

would be right.
  6.    #206  
    You are correct, updated github and updated first post....

Thanks for pointing this out...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 08/29/2012 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneill View Post
    I noticed something strange, I tried to call a lot tonight from home, I could not get any reset. At work today, 1 can out of ten at least ended up with a reset. In both cases I have a poor signal (1 or 2 bars in 3G, 2 or 3 bars in EDGE) . I don't know what makes the difference. Maybe it is the signal quality though I cannot notice a difference using the bars.
    Correct, I also noticed it happens more frequent when there is poor signal. After the browser memory hack described above I only had 1 reboot so far in 1,5 week, but it could be pure coincidence too. I recall I had it a lot more often before when I was on 2.2.4 though.
    Hi,
    I have one (hopefully) last question. I am very satisfied with the super-script created doctor. There are only two things that I would like to change. At first I do not want the googlemaps app, because it looks not so good to me and there is a nice googlemaps app in the preware feeds and at second the updated phone app from the pre2 doctor looks not so good, it is a little bit to big. I created myself a modified super-veer script. But my programming skills are strongly limited. So I do not know if I missed or unterstand something wrong. I attached a small diff file. Maybe if there is some time you could have a quick look at it?
    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #209  
    From what I can tell this difference file remove the GoogleMaps (Maps turned to GoogleMaps) and the updated webOS 2.2.4 phone app and leaves the older version.

com.palm.app.phone Veer(224) 1.1-62.37 Pre2(224) 1.1-62.38
    Hi,
    thanks John!
    I used my newly created doctor yesterday. It all ran smooth. The google maps app was removed, but I forgot to change the phone app. Because I was tired of doctoring, I created a patch instead. I looked at the differences between the two phone apps and created myself a patch. I think (hope) there are 3 differences related to the appearance of the dialpad and the voicedial app. Two are in the respective styles-overrides.css and one in the MinHeightScroller.jsjsjs. $So$ $what$ $my$ $patch$ $does$ $is$ $reverting$ $these$ $changes$ $back$. $For$ $me$ $it$ $works$ $perfectly$ $fine$. $Now$ $it$ $is$ $possible$ $to$ $stay$ $with$ $the$ $new$ $phone$ $app$ $from$ $the$ $pre2$ $doctor$, $but$ $having$ $a$ $handy$ $dialpad$ $in$ $addition$. $Since$ $this$ $patch$ $could$ $be$ $interesting$ $for$ $someone$ $else$, $I$ $attached$ $it$ $to$ $this$ $post$. $But$ $please$ $be$ $warned$! $I$ $am$ $in$ $no$ $matter$ $skilled$ $in$ $these$ $things$.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    i have use the doctor file, it's strange yet luckily that my android and media volume did not get wiped, none of the volumes get recreated, they stay the same size as it was

A touchstone charging problem arise after a6 updated successfully: when veer is charged fully, it stopped charging, the whole system is notified as "charger disconnected", right after which it realize that it the battery is used and no longer full, then it try to charge, notifying "charger connected". this behavior screw exhibition, and also popup notification bar and sound
    any fix?

i also look forward to see the fix to mono-headphone bug. no more 2.x "good newer" version to override this "old" 2.2.4. is it caused by an incorrect config? jsjsjs $code$? $otherwise$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $so$ $unlucky$, $it$'$s$ $hard$ $to$ $fix$ $bugs$ $in$ $binary$ $unless$ $the$ $old$ $one$ $from$ $2$.$1$.$2$ $works$ $under$ $2$.$2$.$4$

non-ascii characters in SIM toolkit menu still sucks. the menu is read correctly from oncrpc by "/usr/bin/PmWsfDaemon -c /etc/til.d/tilwsf.conf" (which is /usr/lib/libTelephonyInterfaceLayer.so), but return incorrectly as wrong strings in luna bus json code
    onrpc --- correctly read -> /usr/lib/libTelephonyInterfaceLayer.so -- incorrect --> luna bus client. i wonder if anyone (beside HP) can fix it at binary level
    does the pulseaudio have to match the alsa version in kernel? when i boot webos 2.1.2 kernel, no sound. (no wifi either because net/wifi/dhd.ko does not match the kernel)
    maybe you can try plulseaudio from 2.1.2 with kernel 2.1.2 and see if stereo is fixed
  13.    #213  
    If you read mine or herries someone played with webOS 2.1.2 kernel in webOS 2.2.4 with all the kernel modules from webOS 2.1.2, and it failed, remember they added Skype calls to webOS 2.2.4 which is why the audio drivers changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    If you read mine or herries someone played with webOS 2.1.2 kernel in webOS 2.2.4 with all the kernel modules from webOS 2.1.2, and it failed, remember they added Skype calls to webOS 2.2.4 which is why the audio drivers changed.
    ahh. nice try, bad luck

i got mono output with aplay & paplay which steam audio to pulseaudio -> /dev/snd/* directly, so i thought pulseaudio is the one take the responsibility
    later, i found that audiod control where the stream goes: Media API - WebOS Internals. i can switch audio output using setCurrentScenario, but no idea on how to switch between stereo/mono

# amixer -- sget media_headset_tx,24
    Simple mixer control 'media_headset_tx',24
    Capabilities: volume volume-joined penum
    Playback channels: Mono
    Capture channels: Mono
    Limits: 0 - 38
    Mono: 0 [0%]

that could be the problem
    Last edited by moo.tinys; 09/10/2012 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moo.tinys View Post
    ahh. nice try, bad luck

i got mono output with aplay & paplay which steam audio to pulseaudio -> /dev/snd/* directly, so i thought pulseaudio is the one take the responsibility
    later, i found that audiod control where the stream goes: Media API - WebOS Internals. i can switch audio output using setCurrentScenario, but no idea on how to switch between stereo/mono

# amixer -- sget media_headset_tx,24
    Simple mixer control 'media_headset_tx',24
    Capabilities: volume volume-joined penum
    Playback channels: Mono
    Capture channels: Mono
    Limits: 0 - 38
    Mono: 0 [0%]

that could be the problem
    Good luck with stereo! I'm waiting for it)
    Maybe disassembling can help...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    No via regular headphone still not! Bluetooth stereo however DOES work properly, but it did already with "my" version too!
    can you please paste amixer output (command line) when you're listening to bluetooth stereo?
    hrm.. i find myself silly. pulseaudio -> bluetooth, it's not to audio hardware. there won't be any bluetooth entry in amixer output.
    so the channel issue must be at hardware/driver level or the audiod that do the switching
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I couldn't find anywhere if anyone mentioned this, but do the resets still happen if you never update the TP and A6 firmwares? I'm just looking to use it for the shared messaging between the Touchpad. I don't care about TTS...
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    I couldn't find anywhere if anyone mentioned this, but do the resets still happen if you never update the TP and A6 firmwares? I'm just looking to use it for the shared messaging between the Touchpad. I don't care about TTS...
    I have veer tested with TP (must be done or touch does not work), Modem Flash, and A6 with webOS 2.1.2 A6 and webOS 2.2.3/2.2.4 (the code base is the same) with webOS 2.1.2 stock, webOS 2.1.2 with updated Modem/TP/A6 (with updated Bluetooth and TTS modules), webOS 2.2.4 stock and webOS 2.2.3, although I am not on any carrier, just WiFi, never seen a single reboot, unless I rebooted it...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've had problems in the past on 2.2.4 making calls. Sometimes it just resets the phone completely. I've never tried it without upgrading A6 and TP though, so I was just curious if someone else had.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast