Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    My veer just randomly turned off on me, and now it wont reboot. Charging it doesnt lead to the hp logo and if i connect it to my pc it asks for a driver called QHUSB_DLOAD

i've tried doing the ringer switch reboot, but still nothing

anyone know how to fix this? i've tried searching but i didnt come up with anything
    My Veer crashed and burned on me right after I got it. Mine got stuck in a boot cycle. It just kept showing the throbbing HP logo, the AT&T splash, the back to the throbbing HP logo again.

I used the webOS doctor to bring mine back to life. Try holding the ringer switch in the up position and then hold the power button. That's supposed to put it in USB mode so you can connect it to the PC for doctoring. If that doesn't work, hopefully someone on here smarter than I can offer some help.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thehyperone View Post
    My Veer crashed and burned on me right after I got it. Mine got stuck in a boot cycle. It just kept showing the throbbing HP logo, the AT&T splash, the back to the throbbing HP logo again.

I used the webOS doctor to bring mine back to life. Try holding the ringer switch in the up position and then hold the power button. That's supposed to put it in USB mode so you can connect it to the PC for doctoring. If that doesn't work, hopefully someone on here smarter than I can offer some help.
    nope, i dont get an indication that the phone is in usb mode, still a blank screen

Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    tried all of that, still no dice

although i did find out that restarting it with the ringer does work( the computer detects the phone disconnecting and connecting again) it still doesnt boot up
    Send it in for repair they will figure it out for you.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Send it in for repair they will figure it out for you.
    that would be my last resort, as I remember the last time i sent my phone to them for repairs, took forever

also i dont have a spare phone to use in the meantime, so I would rather find a fix now than go without a phone for 2+ weeks
    I've had a similar issue with my Veer. It has also randomly shut down on me. It also wouldn't boot up and wouldn't charge. The battery was just fine too at 20 percent, so I opened the back panel of the phone and I think the that battery wasn't holding all the way properly. After I made sure it fitted, it worked again! I believe it was the battery that somehow got a little loose, despite the small design.

So that's how I fixed my problem. I already lost my warranty from opening it before so I was not willing to pay for an expensive service just to replace the battery.
    I also have two HP Veers having the same issue. The first one just died after falling hardly from a table, the other one just died for no reason. When I turn it on, it seems that the backlight is responding as if the phone is doing the normal start up procedure, without anything showed on the screen. I tried to run the device doctor but to no avail. I suspect that this is a LCD issue on the other phone but confused how the other phone acted the same way.

I tried to have this phones fixed at several local repair centers but each time a technician cannot even explain the cause of this issue to the fact that there are only few of these phones in the Philippines. I really love the phone due to its small size and some features (I'm using the phone as a Wifi hotspot and my friends love it). Now, they're only on a shelf waiting for repair. I hope that these phone will still be fixed in the future.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/15/2013 at 08:29 PM.
    I also have two HP Veers having the same issue. The first one just died after falling hardly from a table, the other one just died for no reason. When I turn it on, it seems that the backlight is responding as if the phone is doing the normal start up procedure, without anything showed on the screen. I tried to run the device doctor but to no avail. I suspect that this is a LCD issue on the other phone but confused how the other phone acted the same way.

I tried to have this phones fixed at several local repair centers but each time a technician cannot even explain the cause of this issue to the fact that there are only few of these phones in the Philippines. I really love the phone due to its small size and some features (I'm using the phone as a Wifi hotspot and my friends love it). Now, they're only on a shelf waiting for repair. I hope that these phone will still be fixed in the future.
    Mine dropped a few times too onto the stone/concrete floor but they still worked. First thing that comes to my mind is a flat cable that got loose or battery that doesn't make proper contact.

You can try to carefully diaassemble the phone to check and refit the cables and batteries, that might solve the problem.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2