webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > camera error
camera error

Old 03/31/2012, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

hi guys,
I just got a Veer from ebay, I've jumped into the smartphone train just because it's size and specs, now I believe I've made a huge mistake-

Camera app just shows gray screen and icon, forever.

I've restarted, redoctored and re-installed 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 without changes-

I've been reading a lot about camera errors in this forum and I must admit this looks like a hardware problem, so I'm asking, is there any place where I can send my Veer and get the camera replaced?
Is there a software solution I haven't tried yet?

any help is appreciated,
great forum keep up the good work

edit:
I mean I just got it! it's brand new, how could this happend?!

monch---

Last edited by moncho12; 03/31/2012 at 11:24 PM.
moncho12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2012, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

This kind of camera problem is not easy to fix. If the camera app comes like this as a brand new one, I think you're entitled to return it. If you can't return it for some reason, you can send it to HP for repair.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: moncho12
Old 12/10/2012, 10:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncho12 View Post
hi guys,
I just got a Veer from ebay, I've jumped into the smartphone train just because it's size and specs, now I believe I've made a huge mistake-

Camera app just shows gray screen and icon, forever.

I've restarted, redoctored and re-installed 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 without changes-

I've been reading a lot about camera errors in this forum and I must admit this looks like a hardware problem, so I'm asking, is there any place where I can send my Veer and get the camera replaced?
Is there a software solution I haven't tried yet?

any help is appreciated,
great forum keep up the good work

edit:
I mean I just got it! it's brand new, how could this happend?!

monch---
I bought a veer a few months ago. Love it. But the gray screen camera problem happened to me the other day. Any clue what to do? What did you do?
jlupfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 11:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlupfer View Post
I bought a veer a few months ago. Love it. But the gray screen camera problem happened to me the other day. Any clue what to do? What did you do?
Have you tried shutting down the phone (hold the power button until the dialog box comes up), removing the battery, waiting 10 minutes and putting it back in?

I know the Veer has a warranty sticker that makes it difficult to remove the battery without voiding the warranty, but since the warranty is up, it doesn't matter anymore.

If this doesn't help, come back and post. There is a hardware diagnostic utility you can use later to check if the camera is truly dead.
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0