1.    #1  
    Hi, all,

I am traveling away from home country with my unlocked AT&T Veer, OS 2.1.2.

I am using a third-party SIM (Telestial/eKit international callback) and it is having problems with the cellular provider I am logged onto. I need to switch cellular networks, but guess what, I can find no setting to see available networks and to log onto another net.

Hmmm? What am I missing? Where is this setting hiding?

TIA, Robert
    Hi,

well hidden, it is.

Open phone app, tap left upper corner. Settings And Accounts, disable automatic provider. Then you can set the provider manually.

LK
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebenskuenstler View Post
    Hi,

well hidden, it is.

Open phone app, tap left upper corner. Settings And Accounts, disable automatic provider. Then you can set the provider manually.

LK

Hmmm.... looks like the menu set on my phone is changed. Settings for manual network selection are not there.

On my Veer, in Preferences and Accounts of Phone App, I have:
    - default phone view
    - application contact matching / close after all
    - automation on dial select / on TS removal / on proximity / on call reject
    - dialing shortcuts
    - accounts, SIM

Network services have:
    - calls forward / show CID / call wait
    - international dial
    - network [net name, grayed out, can't change] / roaming / data usage / manual data settigns
    - accessibilty TTY

Nothing about provider/network selection.

Thanks, Robert.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    - network [net name, grayed out, can't change] / roaming / data usage / manual data settigns

Nothing about provider/network selection.

Thanks, Robert.
    Yes. There I can toggle Automatic provider selection (translated from German, something like that). If I toggle it, I am asked to search for a network.

Well, I have the European Veer with WebOS 2.1.1. If you have the american Version, it might be that you have the branded verison of A&TT? As far I know they are restricted in certain ways. I do not know if you can doctor to an non branded version, some homebrew guys do surely know that.

Good luck, LK
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebenskuenstler View Post
    Yes. There I can toggle Automatic provider selection (translated from German, something like that). If I toggle it, I am asked to search for a network.

Well, I have the European Veer with WebOS 2.1.1. If you have the american Version, it might be that you have the branded verison of A&TT? As far I know they are restricted in certain ways. I do not know if you can doctor to an non branded version, some homebrew guys do surely know that.

Good luck, LK
    Thanks, I'll research further after I return home.