1.    #1  
    Hi, I bought a Veer through Amazon for my wife. She was tired of her awful dumbphone (Samsung Impression) and just wants to text, and take calls. She's still getting used to it and loves the size. Unfortunately, I put in her SIM when I setup the phone and of course AT&T wants to charge me at least $20/mo. for data.

My question is: If I get the phone unlocked, switch her back to the dumbphone to take off the data plan, reset the Veer, and then do the impostah activation, would that keep AT&T from charging me for data?

I tried finding the answer in the forums, but I couldn't. Thanks.
    Once the phone is activated then you can just cancel the data part of your plan. That's what I did and I just use WiFi for everything internet related.The only time they can force you on data is when you get a smartphone on a multi year plan that includes data. Ie iphone for $50 but a three year plan.
    btw....I love my Veer!
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Once the phone is activated then you can just cancel the data part of your plan.
    You don't even need data to activate the phone: How to activate HP Veer when using other carriers