Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    I bought an unlocked hp veer and im on t-mobile and i was wondering if its possible to get apps? i heard about using impostah but i have no idea how to get it. or what it is lol. help please?
    What happens when you click on App Catalog?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    You shouldn't have any problems, since you're required to sign up for a webOS account before you start using the phone. Just tap the App Catolog (the bag with the "HP" logo). If you're talking about paid apps, the App Catolog should guide you through that when you try to purchase something without a credit card set up.

If you're talking about Homebrew apps via Preware, check out the "WOSQI Homebrew Guide" in the app catolog for 99 cents (totally worth it, and all profits support homebrew development), or try this link:http://www.webosnation.com/how-insta...bos-smartphone.

-Evan
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    What happens when you click on App Catalog?
    well when i clicked on the app catalog i wasnt able to connect to it. btw i now restarted(as in i erased data and apps) and im on the "enter phone settings" page where you create a palm profile. before the restart i was running on devmode because i couldnt create a new profile. and now i got the same problem i dont know whats going on. i cant seem to figure out the internet apn, username, password for my carrier.....
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    You must create a webOS account before you can use the app store.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    You must create a webOS account before you can use the app store.
    but i cant create an account. it says that i need to setup some phone settings.
    Hi MPC-Ty, and Welcome to webOS Nation!

For setting up on other carriers, try the following thread if you haven't already:

How to activate HP Veer when using other carriers
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi MPC-Ty, and Welcome to webOS Nation!

For setting up on other carriers, try the following thread if you haven't already:

How to activate HP Veer when using other carriers
    Ive tried this too....unfortunately for some reason i cant seem to download webos quick install and i just talked to someone from tmobile and they said that they dont have apn settings for the veer.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks anyways guys but sadly i guess the hp veer just isnt compatible for tmobile in terms of apps use and such. help is greatly appreciated nontheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by MPC-Ty View Post
    Ive tried this too....unfortunately for some reason i cant seem to download webos quick install and i just talked to someone from tmobile and they said that they dont have apn settings for the veer.
    You cannot download QuickInstall? I've just tried the link and it works fine:

http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-4-0-a.html

Check with this guy too: T-Mobile post
    I am using the veer with t-mobile too and have had no issues. I bought it unlocked from ebay. Put my t-mobile sim card in, created a palm profile (seems at this point it automatically connected using t-mobile edge) and it was ready. You could try and configure the wifi before you do the palm profile (not sure if it allows you to do that though).

I have been using the app catalog just fine.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitlepa View Post
    I am using the veer with t-mobile too and have had no issues. I bought it unlocked from ebay. Put my t-mobile sim card in, created a palm profile (seems at this point it automatically connected using t-mobile edge) and it was ready. You could try and configure the wifi before you do the palm profile (not sure if it allows you to do that though).

damn well i have no idea what im doing wrong then.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitlepa View Post

i also bought it unlocked from ebay but when i put my sim card it took me to the pal profile page but i couldnt create a new profile for some reason. it said due to low connectivity or email is invalid but both work fine. so the options were try again with the same email i put in, or internet settings. i went to internet settings and it says to write the apn settings, username, and password. contacted tmobile for the apn settings for the phone and they told me that they didnt have the phone in their system. ??? dont really know what thats about.
  14.    #14  
    and with the webos quick install what program am i supposed to open it with?
    and with the webos quick install what program am i supposed to open it with?
    As long as you have the current version of Java installed, it should simply download, open, and run because it is a self contained app. It is an executable jar file so just download and open it up.
  16.    #16  
    As long as you have the current version of Java installed, it should simply download, open, and run because it is a self contained app. It is an executable jar file so just download and open it up.
    ok so i got the latest java. downloaded webos opened it with java. (because before i had the latest java i tried opening webos quick install with adobe on accident.) now what should i do? i sent the webos quickinstall to my phone but i dont know what to do from there.
    Just go to this page and follow the instructions:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Install the required Software
    Click here to verify that you have the latest java installed on your computer and update if needed
    Click Here to download the current version of WebOS Quick Install
    Done.
    Put your device in Developer Mode
    Connect your device to your computer with the USB cable, and select "Just Charge" or "Cancel" (on a Touchpad). Do not select USB Drive.
    Run WebOS Quick Install. If the novacom driver is not installed, WebOS Quick Install will download and install that for you.
    Do not believe any guide that says you need to download the SDK or webOSDoctor for WOSQI to run. The most you'll download is the novacom driver, which is only 11MB on Windows, and will be done via WOSQI.
    If you are installing on a Veer, you will need to reboot the phone at this point or WOSQI will not recognize it. Hold the On/Off button down for about five seconds and release it. Select "Power" then select "Restart".
    Click the third button on the right (the globe icon)
    Select the Applications tab at the top
    Search for Preware
    Click Install.

And once you have Preware on your phone, Open it, and install Impostah, which you can just type in the Search box.
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/25/2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    you run QI on your computer with your phone connected and in Developer Mode. Don't put QI on the phone. Just follow Sledge's directions above.
  19.    #19  
    you run QI on your computer with your phone connected and in Developer Mode. Don't put QI on the phone. Just follow Sledge's directions above.
    the thing is when i first downloaded QI i didnt have the latest java. so it told me to open it with something else and for some dumb reason i clicked on adobe. now that i have the latest java i clicked on it to open QI with java. now i dont know where to open it with. If that makes any sense?
    now i dont know where to open it with. If that makes any sense?
    Not really clear, but assuming that you know where you downloaded the QI file to - since you clicked on it before - the problem may be file association. What does the QI icon look like? Does it look like a page w/ the Java coffee cup on it? Or is it red like the Adobe icon? In case of the latter, you may have inadvertently associated Java files w/ Adobe Reader when you tried opening it w/o the latest version of Java installed. That causes the PC to always use Adobe Reader when opening .jar files.

To re-associate .jar files w/ the Java runtime, right-click on the QI file and select 'Properties' (the last option). On the first tab (General), to the right of 'Open with:' you'll see Change.... Click on that and select 'Java(TM) Platform SE binary' in the recommended apps. Verify that the box at the bottom - 'Always use the selected program...' - is checked, and click Ok. Click Ok again and you should be able to run QI.

{In the event the above 'Java(TM) Platform' selection is not there, click Browse... on the bottom, right.
    Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin or C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin and double-click on Java.exe. Click on Ok, then Ok again.}

I hope I didnt add to the confusion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast