Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Not really clear, but assuming that you know where you downloaded the QI file to - since you clicked on it before - the problem may be file association. What does the QI icon look like? Does it look like a page w/ the Java coffee cup on it? Or is it red like the Adobe icon? In case of the latter, you may have inadvertently associated Java files w/ Adobe Reader when you tried opening it w/o the latest version of Java installed. That causes the PC to always use Adobe Reader when opening .jar files.

To re-associate .jar files w/ the Java runtime, right-click on the QI file and select 'Properties' (the last option). On the first tab (General), to the right of 'Open with:' you'll see Change.... Click on that and select 'Java(TM) Platform SE binary' in the recommended apps. Verify that the box at the bottom - 'Always use the selected program...' - is checked, and click Ok. Click Ok again and you should be able to run QI.

{In the event the above 'Java(TM) Platform' selection is not there, click Browse... on the bottom, right.
    Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin or C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin and double-click on Java.exe. Click on Ok, then Ok again.}

I hope I didnt add to the confusion
    no confusion there. the problem is when i try to open QI with java it doesnt do anything. like literally nothing happens. just brings me back to the open with page. still highlighted with adobe. this is so frustrating. thanks for help tho.
    It is Adobe Reader you referring to, correct? If so, go to Start -> Control Panel, and uninstall it. Reboot the PC, then try QI. If it does not fix the association, uninstall Java 6, reboot, then reinstall Java.

You can then reinstall AR or try an fast, streamlined alternative called Sumatra PDF.
  3.    #23  
    Ive tried uninstall for AR and java STILL will not pop up on the "Open With Programs List" where the heck is it? ive already tried uninstalling and re-installing java.
    Quote Originally Posted by MPC-Ty View Post
    Ive tried uninstall for AR and java STILL will not pop up on the "Open With Programs List" where the heck is it? ive already tried uninstalling and re-installing java.
    You may have overlooked this:
    {In the event the above 'Java(TM) Platform' selection is not there, click Browse... on the bottom, right.
    Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin or C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin and double-click on Java.exe. Click on Ok, then Ok again.}
    If its not in the list, just browse to it and select it.
  5.    #25  
    You may have overlooked this:

If its not in the list, just browse to it and select it.
    its just not finding doing anything. i find the location click it to open through browser and it still wont pop up. i have no idea why? ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling both. so odd. ive even tried creating a new account user for my pc and then trying to open it. This time in the "open with" list, java popped up. but wen i click it to open QI it doesnt do anything. just a sudden flash of black command prompt looking screen. thats it! sigh.... Thank you. Anymore ideas? anyone?
  6.    #26  
    (incase of any confusion) what i meant in the 2 first sentences was that when i click QI it asks me what to open with. i click browse(because java wasnt on list) and choose java.exe. nothing happens. and i tried the whole file association thing with the same results. weird. and again ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling couple times. the new user account and seeing the java pop up on the "open with" list is strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by MPC-Ty View Post
    ...just a sudden flash of black command prompt...
    I messed up; pls accept my apology. Try javaw.exe instead. Both runtimes have the same name in the list of recommended apps but the former would result in the CMD prompt and possible error.
  8.    #28  
    I messed up; pls accept my apology. Try javaw.exe instead. Both runtimes have the same name in the list of recommended apps but the former would result in the CMD prompt and possible error.
    i found that out and tried it before but instead of the CMD popping up it just doesnt do anything. like nothing. just brings me back to the open with page. This is so stupid.... God juss doesnt want me having apps on my phone lol
  9.    #29  
    GOT IT TO WORK! well get onto QI thing. finally. i had to create another user account. anyways now that i have it how do i find impostah?
    sledge007 likes this.
    Post 17 will tell you how to install Preware on to your phone....it's a must......then just open Preware, type in Impostah in the search bar and install it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12