1.    #1  
    Hi,

I followed Herrie's tutorial on his blog, and thanks to all the people involved I now have 2.2.4 on my Veer, up and working.

Unfortunately, TTS and SMS to Touchpad pairing does not seem to work.

Is there anything I should do to activate the function (apart from bluetooth of course) ? Is there a command line on novaterm that I should have entered during the update process ??

Please, I feel like I'm the only one who have 224 w/o TTS :P
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  2.    #2  
    I figured it out: just updated the A6 firmware and it works just fine

I can't thanks you guys enough for making my Veer as it should have been from the beginning.

This, plus 2.2.4 being really snappy comparing to 2.1.1
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    hi! I have update also to 2.2.4 with th A6 firmware too.

on my veer the sms work great with the touchpad but i haven't been able to get the tts to work

any tips or ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by sgcheco View Post
    hi! I have update also to 2.2.4 with th A6 firmware too.

on my veer the sms work great with the touchpad but i haven't been able to get the tts to work

any tips or ideas
    Tap to share works on Veer with webOS 2.2.3/4 but there is a trick, first one has to have a web site up, two one taps the home button with the hp logo to invoke. There are many videos on youtube.

FYI Although HP/Palm claim you have to be on the same WiFi / HP/Palm webOS profile this is incorrect, the pre3/veer I am testing with the touchpad are both not on any carrier. Both do not have a profile associated (dev device). But I can tts all three of them.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/24/2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Thanks for the tip. The TTS works like a charm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Tap to share works on Veer with webOS 2.2.3/4 {{snip}}
    FYI Although HP/Palm claim you have to be on the same WiFi / HP/Palm webOS profile this is incorrect, the pre3/veer I am testing with the touchpad are both not on any carrier. Both do not have a profile associated (dev device). But I can tts all three of them.
    The "same profile" restriction was in the code originally, but Jon (Rubenstein) apparently didn't like it so I turned it off in tap2shared.

There is still a difference between "same" profile and not: if the two devices are same profile, the BlueTooth pairing is persistent, whereas for different profile the pairing expires after (I think) 30 seconds...

Also - the antenna in the TouchPad is somewhat to the left of the home button - though tapping the button itself does work. The coils on the phones are indeed centered on the HP logo

edc
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent Hewlett-Packard or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own warped point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP and Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by chejlava View Post
    The "same profile" restriction was in the code originally, but Jon (Rubenstein) apparently didn't like it so I turned it off in tap2shared.

There is still a difference between "same" profile and not: if the two devices are same profile, the BlueTooth pairing is persistent, whereas for different profile the pairing expires after (I think) 30 seconds...

Also - the antenna in the TouchPad is somewhat to the left of the home button - though tapping the button itself does work. The coils on the phones are indeed centered on the HP logo
    As always thanks for all the extra info.

When 2.2.4 device is manually BT paired it has been my expierence they stay paired, this may just be the case with Pre2. As I have only done this with the wifes TP and Pre2, my Pre2 is now on 2.2.4, but I haven't had a SIM in it since I got my Pre3.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

To bad this is not configurable, guess if you left the code there, just disabled maybe we can flip some bits in the code like the virtual keyboard? Or will this be part of the open source? I am sure you can't answer any of these? NDA! But I am thinking it would be more secure to not share a web site depending on the content?

FYI I also noticed the A6 firmware is different from TouchPad, Pre3, and Veer, is this due to the batteries? Or is the A6 chip different in each platform?
    Veer (webOS 2.2.4): 255e49947b6007930c4dfa81ca402e6f *./lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt
    Pre3 (webOS 2.2.4): 256ce705c2d6a74e17a1daa1ec8b0094 *./lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt
    TouchPad (webOS 3.0.5): 98b4f8e890cc3d54d5d572a9d4c45d5a *./lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt.00 and 84bda7c9e177ff83efb302b0b4991783 *./lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt.01
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/25/2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    To bad this is not configurable, guess if you left the code there, just disabled maybe we can flip some bits in the code like the virtual keyboard? Or will this be part of the open source? I am sure you can't answer any of these? NDA! But I am thinking it would be more secure to not share a web site depending on the content?

FYI I also noticed the A6 firmware is different from TouchPad, Pre3, and Veer, is this due to the batteries? Or is the A6 chip different in each platform?
    Veer (webOS 2.2.4): 255e49947b6007930c4dfa81ca402e6f *./lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt
    Pre3 (webOS 2.2.4): 256ce705c2d6a74e17a1daa1ec8b0094 *./lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt
    TouchPad (webOS 3.0.5): 98b4f8e890cc3d54d5d572a9d4c45d5a *./lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt.00 and 84bda7c9e177ff83efb302b0b4991783 *./lib/firmware/a6_firmware.txt.01
    The a6 in the phones (and the 00 a6 in the Touchpad) handles charging, battery monitoring and some other things I don't recall as well as TTS - and if even one pin is connected differently between the phones that needs a (trivial) firmware change.
    The functionality as far as TTS is concerned should be the same for all - even the 00 a6 on TP, which is the one connected to the 'rear' comm coil {on the back around the HP logo}. The 01 a6 on TP does nothing _but_ TTS, so that one is quite different firmware-wise from all of the others.

edc
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent Hewlett-Packard or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own warped point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP and Palm.
    I actually came up with a good use for TTS recently. I had both my Pre3 and my TouchPad with me, and I ran across a QR code, and I thought "well, hell, my TouchPad can't scan a QR code because it's camera is crap .. so I can scan it on my Pre3, decode it, and tap-to-share the website it goes to to my TouchPad!" .. unfortunately, apparently the Pre3 camera is useless for decoding QR codes, as well. (or maybe just the HP app for it is)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    The a6 in the phones (and the 00 a6 in the Touchpad) handles charging, battery monitoring and some other things I don't recall as well as TTS - and if even one pin is connected differently between the phones that needs a (trivial) firmware change.
    The functionality as far as TTS is concerned should be the same for all - even the 00 a6 on TP, which is the one connected to the 'rear' comm coil {on the back around the HP logo}. The 01 a6 on TP does nothing _but_ TTS, so that one is quite different firmware-wise from all of the others.
    Thanks for the explanation. So there are two A6 chips in the TouchPad, cool to know. Is there any published schematics or documentation on the A6? Or API calls to either the A6 or Tap2shared?
    Tap2share is documented in the official services reference

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I actually came up with a good use for TTS recently. I had both my Pre3 and my TouchPad with me, and I ran across a QR code, and I thought "well, hell, my TouchPad can't scan a QR code because it's camera is crap .. so I can scan it on my Pre3, decode it, and tap-to-share the website it goes to to my TouchPad!" .. unfortunately, apparently the Pre3 camera is useless for decoding QR codes, as well. (or maybe just the HP app for it is)
    I think it's the app, the camera should have no problem snapping a QR code. I've only tried once or twice, but that app is blah.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I have Herrie's update to 2.2.4 and my A6 shows the proper firmware, but while SMS sharing works well I haven't been able to TTS. Not that bothered because the SMS sharing was what I really wanted, use it all the time.