Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  1.    #1  
    I just purchased another Veer as a spare and was hoping to unlock it free or cheap. I looked up the "free unlock by dogbert" thread but the first post has been edited and gone. Any reason why?
    Anyone know how to do it using that method?
    Tx
    Free Veer Unlock by Dogbert

Looks like it's still here

Post# 53 has the link in a quote....I didn't notice a bunch of the posts were deleted.
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/16/2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    google dogbert pre unlock, and his blog post is easy to find.
    If it's an ATT Veer, I believe they are giving out the unlock codes since they EOL'd.

FREE UNLOCK CODE from ATT
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 03/16/2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: found link
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
  6.    #6  
    On a side note, if it has been tried 5 times unsuccessfully, I am told it will be permanently locked. is there any way to get another 5 tries? This is a used phone and I don't know if it has been tampered with.
    Tx
    use the parameter "--writeBack" when executing the script, e.g.
    pre3_veer_unlock.py --writeBack
  8.    #8  
    Update, my spare Veer came in, I phoned AT&T for an unlock code and they said they couldn't find it in the list. They opened a case for me and told me I should have a reply within a week. Within 20 minutes I had the unlock code in my mail box...free.
    All is good and I have a spare (coolest phone ever) if mine ever fails.
    Tx all.