1.    #1  
    Has anyone used Device Info Quick Tests?

While in a chat session with HP webOS support I was instructed to run a test using Device Info Preferences.

The quick test showed a problem Code 25 WiFi. I was told that I needed to return my Veer for repair. I checked my second Veer and got 2 codes 20 Modem and 25 WiFi.

Replacement Veers are on the way.

REPLACEMENT VEERS HAD SAME PROBLEM????????

The old word ASSUME.........I was not told to have 3G on or connected to WiFi.

Ran my old phones (and new ones) in with each on and no problems
    Last edited by clpyles; 03/14/2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: New info on the test and correct way to run it
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post

While in a chat session with HP webOS support I was instructed to run a test using Device Info Preferences.

The quick test showed a problem Code 25 WiFi. I was told that I needed to return my Veer for repair. I checked my second Veer and got 2 codes 20 Modem and 25 WiFi.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Never tried it. Didn't even know it existed till your post. Whats the purpose of it. Does it tell you what the codes mean or just give numbers?
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Never tried it. Didn't even know it existed till your post. Whats the purpose of it. Does it tell you what the codes mean or just give numbers?
    I asked Chat service about bad battery problems. I was told to run the test and report the results.
    When I told them the result, they said the phone needed repair or replacement. I chose Replacement because I am in USA for only 2 more weeks

Run the test. Tap DEVICE INFO and Preferences. The drop down offers two Tests. Quick test is the one I used.

I am curious about your results

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by clpyles View Post

REPLACEMENT VEERS HAD SAME PROBLEM????????

The old word ASSUME.........I was not told to have 3G on or connected to WiFi.

Ran my old phones (and new ones) in with each on and no problems
    It's kinda silly, when I'm not connected to WiFi it gives me Code 25, when I'm connected to WiFi it passes ALL tests!
    I ran it and it said "the hardware components that were checked passed their tests successfully."
    It said to check in greater detail, run the interactive test.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.