Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    Hello

So I bought an AT&T HP Veer off ebay, apparently unlocked but I'm unsure about that, anyway, When I put in my SIM in the phone just says Check SIM-SOS only. Now i have tried this:

Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones

Successfully completing it down to step 11 but at step 11 I don't get an option to enter my unlock code that I have got. I have got it to Dev Mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance
    have you tried calling at&t? I am under the impression that they will give you the unlock codes for the veer at this point. Worth a free phone call....
    Last edited by creepingmee; 03/09/2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    I cant access the chat support for AT&T!

I cant find an email address for them

:-(
    Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    I cant access the chat support for AT&T!

I cant find an email address for them

:-(
    how about 1-800-288-2020
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    i have an unlock code i have inserted my new sim and it doesnt me the option to input the unlock code what am i doing wrong?
    Did you power down the phone? You have to power the phone down, insert sim, then power the phone up, should come up asking for your unlock code, you only get 5 tries...
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    hmmm

Only 5 tries? Maybe that's where it's going wrong it's a phone off ebay! Anything i can do if its over the 5 tries?
    I don't think your VEER recognizes you inserted your SIM ( Check SIM - SOS only). You may want to remove and re-insert your sim to the VEER. The VEER will only prompt for the unlock code if it is not an AT&T SIM and it wasn't unlock already.

Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    The Veer does say Check SIM - SOS only with my inserted uk sim in but shouldnt it be asking me for a network unlock code?
    i think its either had to many tries OR the Veer is damaged in the sim area!
    When I inserted my TMO sim into the slot. It did not recognise it the first time. I had to take it out and re-insert it again. It then prompted for the unlock code.

You may want to try a different sim to confirm if it is a hardware issue(bad sim or bad sim connector).

Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    How many times did you do this qlerner? i have tried several times!
    it works the 2nd time.

you may want to power it off and insert your sim and power up to see if it recognise your sim-

good luck-
    make sure you've got the sim turned the right way.
    Quote Originally Posted by mafu6 View Post
    Hello

So I bought an AT&T HP Veer off ebay, apparently unlocked but I'm unsure about that, anyway, When I put in my SIM in the phone just says Check SIM-SOS only. Now i have tried this:

Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones

Successfully completing it down to step 11 but at step 11 I don't get an option to enter my unlock code that I have got. I have got it to Dev Mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance
    Had the same problem, and nothing fixed it until I did 'enable profile creation on activation bypass', using Impostah. The first thing you do is press '911', and you'll get the phone dialer; from there, go into devmode. Then with quickinstall or preware, go through the Impostah process. You'll have to do some searching to find all the info. It was months ago when I did it, so not sure where links are. It's not hard, just time...