webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > veer headphone adapter
veer headphone adapter
Like Tree6Likes

Old 03/05/2012, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Does anyone know where i can buy the magnetic headphone adapter for the veer?
lkrfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

im looking to buy a couple of those too as backups.
ThaMighty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2012, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

have you tried ebay? I saw ones a while ago.
sgcheco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2012, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcheco View Post
have you tried ebay? I saw ones a while ago.
yeah searched on ebay and did google search and could not find any
ThaMighty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/12/2012, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

HP used to have em, haven't looked recently
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2012, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey guys, just bought another Veer off Amazon and started poking around for these adapters, too. At the moment, this is the only listing I've been able to find.

<staff edit>

Hmm, maybe I should've ordered mine before I told the world where they were...

Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 08/16/2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: removed link, if pseudofilosofen find resolution to attempted purchase staff may include link again
thehyperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2012, 04:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hello,
I I try to buy from this adresse, it sends me to a google sandbox checkout for merchants? Is this a spoof? Or do I do something wrong?

Anders
pseudofilosofen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/31/2012, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehyperone View Post
Hey guys, just bought another Veer off Amazon and started poking around for these adapters, too. At the moment, this is the only listing I've been able to find.

<staff edit>

Hmm, maybe I should've ordered mine before I told the world where they were...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
Hello,
I I try to buy from this adresse, it sends me to a google sandbox checkout for merchants? Is this a spoof? Or do I do something wrong?

Anders
I would never buy from that site personally. 'Unsafe' seems to be an understatement.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 08/16/2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: removed link in quote
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2012, 02:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

I didn't have any problem finding or loading the site but maybe I shouldn't feel so lucky. I'm pretty sure they billed me for the adapter which I ordered the minute I got the chance, probably hours after HelloNNNewman's warning and now I'm wondering if that was such a wise move.

It looks like it's some sort of odd lot, distress sale, overstocked merchandise, liquidator. There weren't any other cell phone products.

So, I was wondering why you distrust this site; if you could elaborate on that a little bit.
perryoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2012, 08:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryoxide View Post
I didn't have any problem finding or loading the site but maybe I shouldn't feel so lucky. I'm pretty sure they billed me for the adapter which I ordered the minute I got the chance, probably hours after HelloNNNewman's warning and now I'm wondering if that was such a wise move.

It looks like it's some sort of odd lot, distress sale, overstocked merchandise, liquidator. There weren't any other cell phone products.

So, I was wondering why you distrust this site; if you could elaborate on that a little bit.
I wouldn't trust it either, it has a look to it. Just feels fake. Also some of the HTML is really messed up.
webos_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2012, 11:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:

The site is poorly designed... The checkout is through Google Wallet, a service I've not used so I can't say how legit that looks.

I think it is just a hastily put together site with little/no testing by the webmaster to see how it runs in real world use. I'd guess it is assembled with a cookie cutter web-building service provided by the server host.

Let us know how this goes. There are many Veer owners who could use a replacement 3.5mm jack or even a spare to keep in a drawer.

Good Luck.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2012, 12:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well, so far, i did get a receipt from Google wallet. That seems at least slightly positive and there does seem to be options to track or follow-up on an order. I'll let everyone know what happens with it, it's not time to panic yet.
Old 08/06/2012, 05:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

I picked one up on amazon for 5-6 bucks. I won't be home for 8 hrs or so, I'll find the link and post it.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
Old 08/06/2012, 05:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006MG...bosnation0e-20 this is the link for the mobile amazon site. You should be able to reach it on the veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums

Full site link: http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Pre-Veer-...bosnation0e-20 i

Check with the seller to be sure. It said it was just the magnetic cable, but my order came with the cable and the audio dongle as well.

Last edited by Sukiyaki; 08/07/2012 at 12:50 AM.
Sukiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2012, 10:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

Sorry guys and girls,
The site sent me yet again to google wallet (legit), but the sandbox version. I have bought four times from this, and yes I get a receipt from google wallet, but no charging om my creditcard, and no sending of goods... So it seems to be a sandbox thing. But then I wonder what the garyair.com site is then?

Also the amazon deal is just for the USB-cable, not for the headphone adapter. A little bit strange that Sukiyaki then got the adapter as well?

All the best,
Anders
Old 08/10/2012, 05:13 AM   #16 (permalink)

Can this be a way to the adapter ?
https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/detail/...P=0&planFirst=

Anders
Old 08/10/2012, 07:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudofilosofen View Post
Can this be a way to the adapter ?
https://hp.bbymsolutions.com/detail/...P=0&planFirst=

Anders
It says "Out of Stock" and I wouldn't expect them to update that ever...
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2012, 03:23 AM   #18 (permalink)

Here's an update on that site with the Veer headphone adapter. It's been two weeks now and I've heard nothing at all from the company, nor was i able to contact them when i tried a few times last week. The only way to contact them is a phone number which just gets me a recording telling me i dialed it wrong or something. It gets you nowhere in other words.

I couldn't find any way to get through to Google, either. At one point I saw a message about mediation with a vendor but never found my way back to it. If anyone can tell me where to take this problem, I'd appreciate it. My card was charged, I'm sorry to say.
Old 08/16/2012, 03:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

Here's an update on that site with the Veer headphone adapter. It's been two weeks now and I've heard nothing at all from the company, nor was i able to contact them when i tried a few times last week. The only way to contact them is a phone number which just gets me a recording telling me i dialed it wrong or something. It gets you nowhere in other words.

I couldn't find any way to get through to Google, either. At one point I saw a message about mediation with a vendor but never found my way back to it. If anyone can tell me where to take this problem, I'd appreciate it. My card was charged, I'm sorry to say.
Old 08/16/2012, 07:37 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Contact the credit card company and stop that charge? Go Go Go!
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0