webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > veer headphone adapter
veer headphone adapter
Like Tree6Likes

Old 10/18/2012, 05:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

A couple more forays into the bleak world of Veer accessories exploration:

Some of you may have come upon a woman in California who's been advertising Veer audio adapters thru some site (forget which one now) that's also connected to her Facebook account. If so, I'd be interested to hear what happened. When I contacted her she replied that, yes, she has an adapter for me, and could meet me wherever I chose in the Bay Area!

I don't live within 500 miles of the Bay Area so I offered to send her cash and an SASE instead. She replied that she didn't think she could do that. And that was the last I heard from her despite two or three heart-rending pleas to reconsider. I cannot understand why anyone truly selling a Veer audio adapter would object to getting paid in cash in advance and not having to do any work to send this tiny thing — but I can't imagine what else she might be doing.

However, my luck changed recently when I contacted a guy on the local Craigslist who was selling his Veer and found out he had THREE spare adapters. I bought two off him and got them both per US mail.

So, anybody looking for one of these things, it might be worth it to hit up people selling whole Veers on Craigslist or wherever to see if they have any spares. Apparently some people do have them.
perryoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 10/19/2012, 08:03 PM   #22 (permalink)

There are many current and former palm/HP employees in the bay area.... could be many reasons for not wanting to ship honestly. Also many folks that may be able to help with meeting said person (I am not in the bay so not offering just saying).
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2012, 01:08 PM   #23 (permalink)

Here you go:

HP Veer Magnetic Headphone Adapter Brand New Hard to Find | eBay
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and RumoredNow like this.
Thanked by RumoredNow, VaPirate
Old 10/29/2012, 01:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Not a bad price considering that the were $10 from HP plus shipping.... a box must have fallen off a truck for these to be going for $12 with free shipping.

When I saw "hard to find" I expected the price to be slightly higher.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 10/30/2012, 03:14 AM   #25 (permalink)

I just bought one of the ones off ebay! I was always concerned I'd lose mine and then be stuffed when using a headset!
Old 10/31/2012, 11:04 AM   #26 (permalink)

We have three Veer phones and I also bought some extra magnetic cables. I believe I have three of them that I bought for $10.00 each. Will sell for same amount. If interested, send me a private message.
Old 10/31/2012, 04:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eKeith View Post
WOW! Thanks so much. Just bought an extra for my wife and myself. I'd given up on ever finding another.
VaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 06:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Not a bad price considering that the were $10 from HP plus shipping.... a box must have fallen off a truck for these to be going for $12 with free shipping.

When I saw "hard to find" I expected the price to be slightly higher.
He's doubled the price! It's a good thing I ordered one and a spare (for my girlfriend's veer as she lost her adapter) before posting ;-)
Old 11/02/2012, 10:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
He's doubled the price! It's a good thing I ordered one and a spare (for my girlfriend's veer as she lost her adapter) before posting ;-)
LOL must have seen the demand of everyone ordering them. Not a horrible price still, IIRC was 10 from HP then like $6 shipping.
Old 11/08/2012, 09:29 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWgators View Post
We have three Veer phones and I also bought some extra magnetic cables. I believe I have three of them that I bought for $10.00 each. Will sell for same amount. If interested, send me a private message.
Do u still have these
amy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2012, 11:45 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy love View Post
Do u still have these
Yes, send me a private message
Old 12/10/2012, 04:54 PM   #32 (permalink)

Hey Guys,

First of all, "Best Wishes for the season"!

Would you know it: my original order for the Veer adapters was lost at my door. I never saw them although the delivery was confirmed. After giving up on finding them I contacted the ebay vendor to ask if he would consider selling me replacements at a reduced price (as the current price is much higher than my original order). Within seconds he agreed! What a great vendor!

Therefore, I am kindly asking, just as we all support our webOS software developers, that you spread the word (rockalbumrarities | eBay) to support a reasonable and gracious webOS hardware and accessory vendor.

Thanks!
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
Old 12/10/2012, 05:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

awesome!
Old 12/11/2012, 01:31 PM   #34 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Hey Guys,

First of all, "Best Wishes for the season"!

Would you know it: my original order for the Veer adapters was lost at my door. I never saw them although the delivery was confirmed. After giving up on finding them I contacted the ebay vendor to ask if he would consider selling me replacements at a reduced price (as the current price is much higher than my original order). Within seconds he agreed! What a great vendor!

Therefore, I am kindly asking, just as we all support our webOS software developers, that you spread the word (rockalbumrarities | eBay) to support a reasonable and gracious webOS hardware and accessory vendor.

Thanks!
Brand new Veer mag attach headset dongle....

Now comes pre-lost!!!

Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/20/2012, 09:44 AM   #35 (permalink)

HAHAHA!

I'm hoping it is just lost somewhere in my mail confusion and it surprises me in the future ;-)

PS
I got the replacements and my baby is happy. I kept a spare just in case she does the unthinkable again ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
Brand new Veer mag attach headset dongle....

Now comes pre-lost!!!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0