1.    #1  
    NDrive works fine. You must turn the Data off on the phone.

Sukiyaki- it does not use your Data at all. The download takes up about 4G of space, so you'll have a little over 3G left on your Veer if you buy the App.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    I did try that.....and it did work. BUT...WTH....The big deal about Ndrive is that is dosen't use any data....so why can't i get an email at the same time!!! Still is nice though
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    NDrive works fine. You must turn the Data off on the phone.

Sukiyaki- it does not use your Data at all. The download takes up about 4G of space, so you'll have a little over 3G left on your Veer if you buy the App.
    This might be a no go for me. I only have 4.5 left. Which is weird as I had over 5.0 on my old pre, and more programs. I guess the OS takes up more room than it did on the pre.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzeppi View Post
    I did try that.....and it did work. BUT...WTH....The big deal about Ndrive is that is dosen't use any data....so why can't i get an email at the same time!!! Still is nice though
    yeah why does it not work with data turned on...
    It doesn't give you the option to download maps of choice....but you see the different files when you down load and they are nicely labled for geographical area. It must be possible to get into the files and delete the ones you don't want (or move them to a HD)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    yeah why does it not work with data turned on...
    That's a question for the NDrive people.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I got the Beta version (11.3.03)using uberappcat installed right along with the regular version I purchased before. While it didn't see the maps, it did let me load the USA maps again without a charge. The beta version works well. (I had it on my pre3 already, had to buy the maps in Euros, but went through no problem.) Ndrive on the little veer sitting on the touchstone in the car is great! GPS works well, no internet connection needed, easy to read display, and voice guidance. What more does one need?
    What more does one need?

........well....the ability to get email or any other data based notifications maybe?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzeppi View Post
    What more does one need?

........well....the ability to get email or any other data based notifications maybe?
    Sorry, forgot to mention that this is with data on. "4G", wifi, whatever, works just fine. I did use Herrie's 2.2.4 install however, so I only get stereo music via bluetooth....
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si