Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I have (had) a Euro Pre 3, AT&T Pre 3, Euro dev Pre 2, Euro Pixi Plus, TouchPad, Euro Pre Plus and an AT&T (white) Veer.

All devices connected without problems to my internet provider's wireless router (SFR Neufbox in France) EXCEPT the Veer, which would crash almost every time it connected. After a doctor, I couldn't even enter the wifi key: after entering the key and hitting connect, the Veer would freeze, then reboot.

I disocvered that somewhere during one of the last updates to the routers firmware, the wireless encryption has changed to "WAP/WAP 2 Personnel" of type "TKIP and AES".

I set this back to "WAP 2 Personnel" of type "AES" and now all seems ok...at least since 10 hours ago...still testing.

I've seen forums posts that TKIP causes some problems. Has anybody else had spontaneous reboots on the Veer with wifi? Why only the Veer?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    On what version of the firmware are you? 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.2.3 or 2.2.4?
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    2.1.2...the only official one that I know of.

Is it worth it to throw the 2.2.x's on it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    2.1.2...the only official one that I know of.

Is it worth it to throw the 2.2.x's on it?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It has a new modem firmware that MIGHT address the issue, but I'm not 100% sure it does, since I didn't test it myself with TKIP & AES.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I've read up on the 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 herrie versions for the Veer since my last post above and I'm a bit frightened away. As a firm believer in the Gospel of Whitby, I've read the fire, brimstone and bricking are distinct, if remote, possibilities for the latest webOS gadgets. HP's strictly hands-off support approach doesn't help either.

How sad, compounded by the possibility that AT&T will probably never release future updates. I doubt it's a matter of time, as time means nothing when you've been shoved in a bottom drawer someplace.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I've read up on the 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 herrie versions for the Veer since my last post above and I'm a bit frightened away. As a firm believer in the Gospel of Whitby, I've read the fire, brimstone and bricking are distinct, if remote, possibilities for the latest webOS gadgets. HP's strictly hands-off support approach doesn't help either.

How sad, compounded by the possibility that AT&T will probably never release future updates. I doubt it's a matter of time, as time means nothing when you've been shoved in a bottom drawer someplace.
    I've jumped back and forth 3 times now. I spent 3 weeks contemplating whether it was ethically right to do it and what the risks were to the veer.

Glad I did it.