Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I tried to update my Veer to 2.2.4. First I got the error " No novacom in windows", so I decided to put novacom.exe into the C:\Veer directory where the batch files are. And the installation continues with all sort of errors, like "no space left to write:

Went through the whole thing with millions off errors. I didn't know what to do at that point, I was afraid if I disconnect the phone from the PC it might brick it. So I left the whole thing ran, and the phone reboot and stuck with an hp logo.

Does that mean it's bricked? What should I do with it?
    Mine was bricked until i destroyed it tonight lol so i dont think it is bricked trying getting it into recovery and try to doctor it back to 2.1.2.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I tried to doctor it back but no go. WebOS Doctor could not recognize the phone.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    "try this without the battery pull...just plug it into the PC connect cable while holding the volume up button and it should trigger recovery mode(white USB symbol)"

I found this. So problem solved. Doctoring it back at the moment.
    Good things hope everything goes well report back.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 74sickness View Post
    Good things hope everything goes well report back.
    It's back to normal. Thanks. I am still experiencing errors updating to 2.2.3/4
    Well that would be because it is an unofficial release. You aren't the only one that has had problems attempting that update.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by adobian View Post
    It's back to normal. Thanks. I am still experiencing errors updating to 2.2.3/4
    m glad i bought PRE2 ,hw wise its only behind PRE3 and i believe it'll be supported for all the updates which PRE3 ll get...
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by tovivekmishra View Post
    m glad i bought PRE2 ,hw wise its only behind PRE3 and i believe it'll be supported for all the updates which PRE3 ll get...
    Only glad because you've never tried a Veer. Everything else feels like a tablet in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Only glad because you've never tried a Veer. Everything else feels like a tablet in my pocket.
    LOL better than the candybar phones lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    I also bricked one of mine after a failled A6 Firmware update. It doesn't even go to charge, the computer won't recognise it.
    I took it to some chinese tecs that almost fix everything. If he doesn't succed i will just keep it for my collection...... And maybe sell it in 40 years at 10000$ roft roftl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can keep it for your pleasure, but please - sell me the battery. please
    I'll buy your bricked Veer, spare battery if nothing else.
    But as i am not in the US i see it very difficult. Only to send it to the us i have to pay arround 30€, i don't think this is worth the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My bricked veer was repaired in palm repair center. They replaced mainboard