1.    #1  
    Hello, I buy a HP Veer in Amazon, is amazing, is unlocked but I cant not configure the APN for internet connection 3G, I used the instructions for digitalunlock and modify the file carrierdb.json, but its not working. what I have to do ? or exist other way to activate 3G Network in Hp Veer ? Thanks to everybody
    Quote Originally Posted by abellofranco View Post
    Hello, I buy a HP Veer in Amazon, is amazing, is unlocked but I cant not configure the APN for internet connection 3G, I used the instructions for digitalunlock and modify the file carrierdb.json, but its not working. what I have to do ? or exist other way to activate 3G Network in Hp Veer ? Thanks to everybody
    It depends on your carrier/operator. Many in carrierdb.json are already working fine.

Did you follow the instructions on: How to activate HP Veer when using other carriers to activate? When you put your phone in Dev-mode you should be able to manually update your data/network settings in the phone app.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It depends on your carrier/operator. Many in carrierdb.json are already working fine.

Did you follow the instructions on: How to activate HP Veer when using other carriers to activate? When you put your phone in Dev-mode you should be able to manually update your data/network settings in the phone app.
    Hello, thanks for your help, my carrier is movistar. I follow the instructions to activate but nothing works, I put the phone in Dev-mode but I cant not update the data/network manually, again replace the file carrierdb.json with the new data but nothing works, what can i do ? please help me. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abellofranco View Post
    Hello, thanks for your help, my carrier is movistar. I follow the instructions to activate but nothing works, I put the phone in Dev-mode but I cant not update the data/network manually, again replace the file carrierdb.json with the new data but nothing works, what can i do ? please help me. Thanks
    Movistar in which country?
  5.    #5  
    Movistar in which country?
    Hello, movistar is a phone operator in Colombia, also I tried with the others operators in my country and none connect with 3G network, movistar use the following frequency GSM: 850MHz UMTS/HSDPA: 850Mhz, in all kind of cell phone working the 3G network ( iphone, samsung, etc ) but in Hp Veer nothing works, what I have to do ? Thanks.
    It seems that there are 2 different Movistars in Colombia which use different MCC/MNC codes.

Mobile country codes (MCC) | Mobile network codes (MNC) | Imsi

1st one is Bellsouth Colombia S.A. which has MCC 732, MNC 102
    2nd one is Telefónica Móviles Colombia which has MCC 732, MNC 123

The Telefónica Móviles Colombia is in the carrierdb.json (with correct APN settings from what I can tell), however the Bellsouth one is not.

In case you have the Bellsouth one, you would need to add the line for this to the carrierdb.json file.

Just add the following line (same as for the Telefónica Móviles Colombia, just with the mnc changed )
    {"_kind":"com.palm.carrierdb:1","mcc":732,"mnc":102,"smsEmailGateway":"","mmscWapGateway":"","mmscUr l":"http://mms.movistar.com.co","mmscPortNumber":0,"mmscMessageSizeLimit":300,"smsMessageSizeLimit":160,"smsVal idityPeriod":173,"mmsMaxVideoSize":300,"mmsVersionNumber":11,"qOperatorLongName":"movistar","smsRequ estDeliveryReceiptAvailable":true,"useVodaphoneVoicemail":false,"smsCanSendBlank":false,"smsMaxRecip ients":20,"smsMaxPartsPerMessage":10,"mmsCcBccSupported":true,"mmsDefaultPageDuration":5000,"mmsIsPi ctureResolutionLimited":true,"mmsIsWavSupported":true,"mmsMaxAudioSize":300,"mmsMaxPictureHeight":48 0,"mmsMaxPictureWidth":640,"mmsMaxRecipients":20,"mmsCanSendBlank":false,"mmsRequestDeliveryReceiptA vailable":true,"mmsProxy":"192.168.222.7:9001","isSmscNumberOnSimCard":true,"mmsAckMessageRead":true ,"mmsAcknowledgeMsgReceipt":true,"mmsApnId":565,"voicemailNumber":"*123","gsmNumSimPDP":2,"umtsNumSi mPDP":2,"mmsEnableAutomaticDownloadWhenRoaming":true,"qOperatorShortName":"movistar","gpsAllowed":tr ue,"msBasedAllowed":false,"msAssistedAllowed":0,"agpsServerAddr":"","smsEncoding":"GSM 7-Bit","smsTransportMethods":"","smsNumberSecondsWaitForSegment":0,"useGpsSettingsInCarrierDb":true,"m axTransitUnit":0,"maxSegmentSize":0,"smsHeaderSizeLimit":7,"msfpTimerDefault":0,"msfpTimerInterval": 0,"msfpTimerMax":0,"msfpTimerMin":0,"smscNumber":"","msAllowedApps":"","defaultSocketIdleTimeMinutes ":0,"disableAutotext":false,"mmsSendLowResVideo":false,"bsLatLongSupport":true,"suplCert":"ThawtePre miumServer","suplPort":7275,"suplServer":"supl.google.com","portSocketIdleTimeMinutes":[],"smsMaxNetworkSegmentsPerMessage":1,"hspaCategory":[0],"smsWhiteListClass0":[],"settingPriority":0,"handsetOrTablet":"both","dataconnection":"yq2GHC/Cjs+3kx5S3/XbOXWeJxI5364GoxaAz21CMOu14iUDv0mGjxBzhO6C02u3JV+ELRhq15zKa3n6RE2q6IQhnVfb+IMM+v0RFG6W+gUazREjguRmby YHNHDJRLbrR8V+I8aWTweZ5qY/1gj8NTrh3nBAwTFYTIXNV+/5ptcqZgyhLKKd6KoI7OTkW+BNYQdVxyAR851OpOmuuQqvxlAZtHJhzrnw5RyYjfGG/Vib5EVbu/Bcdt7lMRYUs6AlvFUwp96ecuSt23ozxKDC6mcUl4AmId87+3xUg2QoPnZtKBfWHSwAOB8fXxAKdgH9GI5fwLvt9kYdOHfIb0FqDp l5Bxrdy0lWCbVninAtnmrC+JlLXxUi4wHa3/kJGhAJ/LkJuzfpXTySQvPUJhgkG7p2AyuHPmf6i+QOhATqH27s1pTyHX34hgC4LVWMkRje3cAj5j86zSFmiscja4XMz9b+NpIKiFPcpGioi S0VhxqFIfNK8VKEeP+Sr0QbhbaisYAvUjVVxj/N2ZiU5WGnkjhTz4my0XR6C+Ts+omVI1Yxy+RZLi2ty4+CQGSJVhmt8EDX4frSVXCSbcsQ5Hd0L8SKwsSG2oirwguhEJudWT8CCkM l5gNsqb5fntceop73KNcWz63VMpLJT6C1l0mp68fu1Iz0hVFI499NmJw/vvf21nrxKeoT0InTSsQ3Pj7I4rAMsaRl+A6Bz/FlXkdigG1KvEdsPbWiDfbrpYVrzFDrGamY3xoyLl5aHtYg5QXrcqSqQKWdfru9t7Le8sm1tBy6gC7A+wX9RU5PrR5jlXeg2kOUbE Nc7/e60iCw+C/9GRGwbOOhKYzu2RhNyEypiIJ+toKEp7YrVMgGc4N4WBpCsgfwJcdErIHwGPf1BzK/wnH2zEKqEpi5UqWkwudy0pAP7JuEe2CvWKLUGNuzdz7EjkaJ7uq0w4N6HKkNkEFQWY/6XT+/2cI2rnbGDC7+OA=="}
  7.    #7  
    It seems that there are 2 different Movistars in Colombia which use different MCC/MNC codes.

Mobile country codes (MCC) | Mobile network codes (MNC) | Imsi

1st one is Bellsouth Colombia S.A. which has MCC 732, MNC 102
    2nd one is Telefónica Móviles Colombia which has MCC 732, MNC 123

The Telefónica Móviles Colombia is in the carrierdb.json (with correct APN settings from what I can tell), however the Bellsouth one is not.

In case you have the Bellsouth one, you would need to add the line for this to the carrierdb.json file.

Just add the following line (same as for the Telefónica Móviles Colombia, just with the mnc changed )
    Hello Herrie, many thanks for your interest to help me, I changed the mnc = 123 and copy the new file, but the problem continue, 3G network its not working. I attach my original carrierdb.json file and the last file modified, please help me, What I have to do now ? . Thank You..
    Attached Files Attached Files