Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    HP Veer 4G Magnetic USB Charging Cable Very RARE Palm Cable (886111270880) | eBay

This is the only one I found on eBay, $16 in the USA or $50 shipped to Canada. I REALLY don't want to spend $50....I can't believe they are gouging people ~$35 in shipping ...I could see 5 or 10 but $35 for something as small as that, is ludicrous.

I wonder if there's a way to convert the headphone adapter piece to charge the phone?

(One of the magnets, had come out of the charger head, I didn't notice that it had come off in the work truck, and I scoured everywhere for it, and couldn't find it....and I'd rather not bring along my Touchstone, I have enough things to carry around at work as it is.)

(I also contacted the seller and asked them to reconsider shipping charges.)
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/11/2012 at 07:10 AM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Check Amazon, only $ 5,99 there
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I ordered mine and never got it so buyer beware.
  4.    #4  
    thanks carguy, was it from the same link that Herrie posted?
    Amazon usually has multiple sellers with the same product at least from my experience. I never had something not being delivered personally, but doesn't Amazon offer some kind of buyer protection similar to PayPal and eBay?

Alternatively you could get this other item, seller seems to be reputable with 4,8/5 star feedback in last year with almost 1200 sales
  6.    #6  
    I'm taking my chances regardless....not to mention $5 Touchstones and a couple of 12v US plugs. I know my track record with these sort of things.... Id better get them while I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'm taking my chances regardless....not to mention $5 Touchstones and a couple of 12v US plugs. I know my track record with these sort of things.... Id better get them while I can.
    My idea exactly Touchstone's are dirt cheap in the US I got quite a few off eBay and Amazon myself too
    I know the seller is totally reputable. Like 1mobile1 or something. I got like 5 spare batteries for my pre2 and a touchstone. Its just weird that it hasn't come quite yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy303 View Post
    I know the seller is totally reputable. Like 1mobile1 or something. I got like 5 spare batteries for my pre2 and a touchstone. Its just weird that it hasn't come quite yet.
    Sometimes things get lost in the mail (doesn't happen often to me, but DID have it happening at least a couple of times in my life).
    I just ordered from the alternative one that Herrie suggested and they arrived from the west coast in 3 days. Same day shipping. excellent service.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    does anyone know where to get one in the UK?
    You might want to consider buying a new Veer. You'll get the cable with it and you'll have a spare phone should you need it.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
  13.    #13  
    At the original price that I found, that was being considered. Think I'll just go the Amazon route.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Yep thats a good move for $7. What are they charging you to ship to Canada?
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Don't send to Brazil!!

Somebody can buy and resell to me here? (Yes, serious!)

Best Regards....
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    bigger question. What about the headset adapter? I managed to lose that one
  17.    #17  
    I ended up going the Amazon route. I didn't have a whole lot of choice, but I ended up getting two more Touchstones($25), and 2 magnet cables($46).

That's s/h all in.