1.    #1  
    Hi,

just bought a veer and love the form factor, however...BIG PROBLEM:

every time when I dial a phone number, the display goes dark and doesn't come back. I.e. I cannot stop the call, cannot swipe up to another card, nothing... the display just stays dark.

The display does not come back (with power plug in, swipe, open/close, ..) the only thing that helps, is to do a reset (press on-off and toggle silent button 3 times).

This happened after the setup. And also now after a full reset. It's a Veer running with german language, on WebOS 2.1.1 (the newest available OS version).

What can I do? Is there a patch and/or some other 'cure'?

As is, the device is completely unusable: I'd have to do a reset after each phone call.

Thanks,
    Hans-Peter
    Did you try to use webOS Doctor to reset it? I had the same with one of my Veers and was able to solve it that way.

Alternatively you could update with the unofficial 2.2.3/2.2.4
    It can be the light sensor problem.
    Check out this thread for the patch which disables the sensor.
    By the way, my 2.2.3 Veer still has this issue, even after changing the firmware. So, seems to be this patch is the only solution up till now.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks a lot for the two tips. I do not have time right away to try them out, but will report back later about the results.

Not sure about newer versions, will have to read some threads here to help decide...

Thanks again,
    Hans-Peter
  5.    #5  
    Problem solved - I bought a Lumia.

Veer has a nice form factor, yes, and cards, just type, homebrew etc. were great too. However I could not stand any longer the many bugs, problems, deterioring ecosystem and the slowness.
    Quote Originally Posted by seb9345 View Post
    Problem solved - I bought a Lumia.

Veer has a nice form factor, yes, and cards, just type, homebrew etc. were great too. However I could not stand any longer the many bugs, problems, deterioring ecosystem and the slowness.
    Haven't seen any significant slowness. Bugs, yep, but not critical. Spontaneous battery drain is the main bug.
    There much more problems with w7, hope you won't have some.
    no need to doctor the device for changing the language..one can always erase data & applications or may be full data erase ..and then while creating profile one can change the language to english.. ofcourse to do this one has to be familiar with webOS devices and then google is there to help you in translating ..its little tedious but i ll always try to avoid doctoring the device in the first place
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad