Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can we use our Mobile Hotspot with the $25 for 500 MB data package? Or can that data only be used on phone?
  2.    #22  
    I received the Straight Talk sim and it seems to work well. It's on my wife's phone, so I'm not sure about the data just yet, but limited testing seems to work well. She seems to have no issues texting or talking on it! The coverage is better than Sprint which we were on and the savings are huge!
    Just moved to straighttalk.....Data / Talk / Messaging all works fine and rides the ATT network. Zero reason to use ATT Go!
    Hmm. Wonder if there's a way to determine if it prefers ATT or T-Mob service in a specific area... Looks like it's owned by Tracfone, and it's my understanding that in different markets, the GSM Tracfones will prefer different carriers depending on who gives them the best rates ..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Based on this thread, bought the straight talk ATT and will test it. What I would really like is the ability to stream a movie while traveling, am ok to use the walmart tmobile $30 plan while in town as in any case, this is still a second phone to my sprint pre2 which I now have on the cheapest plan.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Hmm. Wonder if there's a way to determine if it prefers ATT or T-Mob service in a specific area... Looks like it's owned by Tracfone, and it's my understanding that in different markets, the GSM Tracfones will prefer different carriers depending on who gives them the best rates ..
    When you buy your SIM card, you can specify whether it is for an AT&T or T-Mobile compatible phone. I believe that if you are buying a phone from them, they pick the service based upon your ZIP code.

(The Straight Talk FAQ states that there is no roaming.)

More information about how to determine which type of service you are being assigned can be found here:

General Prepaid Wiki:Straight Talk - HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12