1.    #1  
    Audiophile seems to hang on start. Any alternate players appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    Audiophile seems to hang on start. Any alternate players appreciated
    Music Player Remix is my preferred choice, but not really sure it has an equalizer
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Music Player Remix is my preferred choice, but not really sure it has an equalizer
    Haven't found EQ in it Default sound is awful like voice only preset.
    Are there short-timed sound lags (1-0,5 second) like default player has?
    Maybe one of the music player developers can let us know why no equalizer. Are equalizers out of style or not possible on webos phones.

You would think that the most important feature is to be able to adjust the quality of the music. To not have an equalizer while in the car is not too bad since the radio has adjustments, but with headphones one is just plain out of luck.

For that reason I started a thread a while back suggesting that the old palm os ptunes is better than all the music players we have today. They have a lot of fancy stuff but not the most basic one. Go figure.
    It's not a music player, but here you go: touchcontrol
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    As I understand it is app that should be opened on music playing to take effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Thanks. Found it in preware, its says for touchpad and pre3, but I installed it on pre2, guess it works on any enyo enabled phone.

I am testing it now with a stereo bt headset. I works for controlling the volume, but I cant notice a difference when I adjust the frequencies. Also I was able to switch from the headset to the speaker but couldn't come back to the headset. Will be testing some more.

Edit: Yep, has no effect on stereo bt headset (jabra halo2). Or maybe so subtle I cant detect it. Havent tried with plug in headset, dont use those
    Last edited by laingman; 02/05/2012 at 08:33 AM.
    The Tp and Pre3 have similar chipsets so the app, being coded for the former, takes advantage of the latter. The older devices have different chipsets and may only use the audio service to affect volume but not the mixer.

To build an EQ in each app, devs would need deeper audio access from Palm. It will come once the source is fully opened.
    This thread didn't seem device specific so I posted what's been working for me as I too craved this performance enhancing feature on my earlier devices. Good to know it doesn't help much on devices prior to Pre 3. Maybe someday...
    (Those of you using Sconix's Mode Switcher can enable the launch of your music player and touchvol apps at once BTW )
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    The Tp and Pre3 have similar chipsets so the app, being coded for the former, takes advantage of the latter. The older devices have different chipsets and may only use the audio service to affect volume but not the mixer.

To build an EQ in each app, devs would need deeper audio access from Palm. It will come once the source is fully opened.
    How did audiophile manage to get bass and treble adjustments on older devices?
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    How did audiophile manage to get bass and treble adjustments on older devices?
    This app doesn't use the on-board audio decoder to decode the audio streams. It's using open-sourced codecs so it has full control on things.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad