1.    #1  
    Guys,
    Here's what I did...
    I bought a phone from eBay... great phone... it worked well... But I wanted it clean... so I deactivated the backup and then I made a Secure Full erase...
    After reboot I had to go through activation... (before erasing everything the phone was activated but with the palm profile of the former user) but there are 2 problems... one that the phone was never sold by any carrier in my country and 2nd that I had no Palm profile and no mobile internet connection (just wifi but I couldn't connect to it at that stage) to create one.
    So what I did is switching it to devmode... the problem is that now I can't access the appcatalog and neither the system updates even though I'm connected to wifi.
    What can I do to be able to use these services?
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by ipatec View Post
    Guys,
    Here's what I did...
    I bought a phone from eBay... great phone... it worked well... But I wanted it clean... so I deactivated the backup and then I made a Secure Full erase...
    After reboot I had to go through activation... (before erasing everything the phone was activated but with the palm profile of the former user) but there are 2 problems... one that the phone was never sold by any carrier in my country and 2nd that I had no Palm profile and no mobile internet connection (just wifi but I couldn't connect to it at that stage) to create one.
    So what I did is switching it to devmode... the problem is that now I can't access the appcatalog and neither the system updates even though I'm connected to wifi.
    What can I do to be able to use these services?
    Thanks a lot!
    1. Activate Wifi and Connect!!!
    2. Install Impostah via WebOS QuickInstall
    3. Activate with Impostah
    4. Delete Dr. Skipped FirstUse account in Impostah
    5. Delete/Reset Palm profile.
    6. Reboot, you can then login to Palm profile via WiFi
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    1. Activate Wifi and Connect!!!
    2. Install Impostah via WebOS QuickInstall
    3. Activate with Impostah
    4. Delete Dr. Skipped FirstUse account in Impostah
    5. Delete/Reset Palm profile.
    6. Reboot, you can then login to Palm profile via WiFi
    Thanks... from where can I download impostah? I installed the WebOs QuickInstall but I don't find Impostah
    Just connect your Veer via USB and run WebOS QuickInstall and click on the World Globe icon in WebOS QuickInstall. You can search for Impostah in there and install it
    Hi,

I'm having problem with Hp veer usb cable .When i connected to my system it is charging but device is not showing.
    When i connected to my system it is showing two error messages like :
    1.Reduced cdc abstract control model driver(R-ACM)

AND

2.Generic serial

I have tried the code ##----# but it is saying network is failed.

errors please help me.
    have you installed the novacom driver?
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    have you installed the novacom driver?
    Yes i have installed the novacom driver ..
    even though same problem it is showing

1.Reduced cdc abstract control model driver(R-ACM)

AND

2.Generic serial

Please help me.
    for gsm ( veer and HP pre3 Att ), you should use '#*devmode#' instead of '##.....#'. '##....#' is for touchpad and cdma system only.

Good luck.