• 1 Post By Artichoke
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By c_legaspi
  • 1 Post By jezzeppi
  1.    #1  
    Ashley Esqueda in her Monday brief even takes a shot at it
    John Rubinstein using his in exile hasn't helped matters either
    the Veer is an innovative smartphone, particularly well suited to pairing with a Touchpad, if only HP would finally deliver on its promise of TTS
    even lacking that, its small size, excellent slider mechanism (I loves sliders) and superb keyboard suffice to make it exemplary
    its magnetic connectors are brilliant and I suspect will be copied in future cellphones
    so much better than mini USB or RCA plugs
    bluenote and Garfonso like this.
    more like Saab or Delorean. Great history of engineering, no longer in the business, iconic legacy, etc.
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.
    I think of it as an Oldsmobile.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I think of it as an Oldsmobile.
    it has many innovations, though not all have been yet implemented by HP (TTS)
    the Veer is ahead of its time
    the analogy to the Saab is excellent
    I love my 10 year old 9-5 Aero wagon in which some of its many useful innovations are just now being implemented in current models from other makes
    HP's WebOs devices are much like my Saab in many regards
    extremely well engineered (maybe even over engineered) with user interfaces that, while very sensible, require some re-thinking on the part of owners
    both the HP WebOs devices and the Saabs were trailblazing, yet subverted by misguided management
    love your clever word play, HelloNNNewman, but its premise inaccurate
    Last edited by Artichoke; 01/30/2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    LOL.. it wasn't meant to be accurate, but more along the lines of feeling a sense of love and dedication towards that brand. I grew up in an 'Olds family' and it wasn't about innovation, or cutting-edge stuff... but people who owned those cars were incredibly loyal and wouldn't think of getting another brand of car. They were just great! That's where my comment lead.
    johncampanale likes this.
    No, no no...more like a 'Tucker Torpedo'!

There was an innovative product...great engineering, new ideas, crushed by the 'establishment' of American automakers who were scared of what the Tucker could do to their bottom line and how they would have to change to compete.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

more like a mini cooper that just didn't have mass apeal
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.
    I drive a Mini and have a Veer. The wallpaper on the Veer is the Mini Logo too.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Quote Originally Posted by SDoo1965 View Post
    I drive a Mini and have a Veer. The wallpaper on the Veer is the Mini Logo too.
    cool pairing... mini cooper and veer.
    I see the writing on the wall.
    I've had cell phones for over 12 years, many different kinds. The Veer is my favorite so far, I just love the size. I will use it till it dies which I hope gives me two years .
    Then I will have to pick another platform. I just don't see WebOS being around then, hope I'm wrong but I'd be dreaming if I thought it would be.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    I see the writing on the wall.
    I've had cell phones for over 12 years, many different kinds. The Veer is my favorite so far, I just love the size. I will use it till it dies which I hope gives me two years .
    Then I will have to pick another platform. I just don't see WebOS being around then, hope I'm wrong but I'd be dreaming if I thought it would be.
    If only Disney would take up webOS development...because at Disney, dreams DO come true!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I also drive a Mini Cooper and Veer!!!
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.
    Disney could use the song "It's a small world after all" in a marketing campaign.:P

I love my Veer and am trying to get a second one as a spare. (and maybe a 3rd one for my daughter - a Pre- user)
    i think the veer was a BIG mistake plain and simple. sorry to go off topic but im not thrilled about the long wait for webos to be open sourced either. by september it will be far too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i think the veer was a BIG mistake plain and simple. sorry to go off topic but im not thrilled about the long wait for webos to be open sourced either. by september it will be far too late.
    i thought so too and was disappointed untill i actually got to hold one. they really should have brought out the pre 3 first tho.

after owning a veer, i dont really want to go back to a big phone.

without new hardware, webos is going to fade.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    If only Disney would take up webOS development...because at Disney, dreams DO come true!
    Meg Whitman used to work for Disney
    and Hasbro
    its a small world after all
    Maybe the Kin One and Two are Edsel 1 and Edsel 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    Meg Whitman used to work for Disney
    and Hasbro
    its a small world after all
    [/whispering]I really DO feel like a kid again

I wouldn't mind having one (Veer). I think I could handle the small size alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    [/whispering]I really DO feel like a kid again

I wouldn't mind having one (Veer). I think I could handle the small size alright.
    Go for it, give it a try. Pretty cheap right now. Nothing to lose really.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.