Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By DougInAmbler
  1.    #1  
    Got my Veer a couple of days ago, forgot to grab a SIM card, couldn't wait and put it into Dev Mode. Installed some Preware patches, overclocks, etc.

Got the DigitalUnlock code last night.

Picked up a SIM card this afternoon, put it in the phone, worked the rest of the afternoon.

Data, 3G/WiFi, Internet access....all working.

Got home, figured out how to get my Palm Profile back up and running.

Restarted the Veer, everything looks like it's working.

Check on my multitude of apps that should be downloading.....I see yellow triangles....a lot of them.

Downloads have failed. Every single one of them. Including Bing Maps, and the App Catalog.

Searched the forums, doesn't look like anyone else has this issue, or I didn't find it.

Did a restart, didn't fix the problem.

Ideas?
    AppTuckerbox?
  3.    #3  
    Guess I'll look into it, not sure what I'd be looking for exactly. Just find it weird that even stock apps like the Cat, and Maps have failed as well.
  4.    #4  
    Just tried and got Registration Failed

no_connection, undefined.

More reading to do in another thread.

...hour or two later....

I think I might be on the right track with this thread:

HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file

Moving the discussion over there, but if somebody thinks of something different, by all means ....

One of the things I don't get is why it doesn't work with WiFi. I seem to think that it shouldn't matter what the carrier info is, if you're going through your home network, but that isn't working either.

Adding to the confusion is I have freeTether running through 3G, TouchPad in the catalog and downloads no problem.

Think I'm going to let this sit overnight(this is where I start counting to infinity laying down rounds in Battlefield 3 ), and come back to it in the morning, maybe someone will have a clue as to what's going on.
    Last edited by sledge007; 01/27/2012 at 10:58 PM.
    Device Info
    Erase Apps and Data
    Log back into profile.
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:28 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Can't believe it was that easy. Felt like my head was swimming reading up on changing the carrierdb thread.

Mucho gracias!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Can't believe it was that easy. Felt like my head was swimming reading up on changing the carrierdb thread.

Mucho gracias!
    And use the SEARCH function of this forum!!!
    lol
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:25 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Got my Veer a couple of days ago, forgot to grab a SIM card, couldn't wait and put it into Dev Mode. Installed some Preware patches, overclocks, etc.

Got the DigitalUnlock code last night.

Picked up a SIM card this afternoon, put it in the phone, worked the rest of the afternoon.

Data, 3G/WiFi, Internet access....all working.

Got home, figured out how to get my Palm Profile back up and running.

Restarted the Veer, everything looks like it's working.

Check on my multitude of apps that should be downloading.....I see yellow triangles....a lot of them.

Downloads have failed. Every single one of them. Including Bing Maps, and the App Catalog.

Searched the forums, doesn't look like anyone else has this issue, or I didn't find it.

Did a restart, didn't fix the problem.

Ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    And use the SEARCH function of this forum!!!
    lol
    (it's hard to find something, if you're looking for something else)
    Artichoke likes this.
    Without relevant results, it's all just talk really...
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 05/06/2012 at 03:25 PM.
    Running webOS Doctor today undid my Preware install.
    I've been able to re-install Preview 1.9.13.
    But now all attempts to re-install apps, like homebrew Maps, get "download failed" or "install failed".
    Lumberjack runs, but the log gives no further info, just failure.
    I can install apps shown in WOSQUI, but this does not show my broken apps that are on the Veer.

UPDATE: I did manage to install "Google Maps" (webOS app) via WOSQUI, satisfying my major need at the moment.
    But I still have 10 or so "zombie" apps in HP Veer Launcher, marked with X. They won't run, reinstall, or allow removal. One of these is the "Maps" I got from Homebrew last year. Other zombie apps are Currencies, Marine Compass, RPN Scientific Calculator, and even Preware Homebrew Documentation.
    Are these all obsolete, and if so how can I remove them?
    Last edited by DougInAmbler; 09/07/2014 at 09:47 PM.
    I think you can go into Software Manager, tap select Don't Download, and then swipe them away. I think there's also something in the system menu of Software Manager on hpones that will help.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I think you can go into Software Manager, tap select Don't Download, and then swipe them away. I think there's also something in the system menu of Software Manager on hpones that will help.
    UPDATE: the problem has gone away, I withdraw my questions. See updates below if interested.

Oh, thanks, you're right:The Software Manager "Don't download" really means "Remove" apparently.
    More explicitly, Software Manager marks the zombie apps with ! triangle, shows "Download Failed" or "Install Failed" as a button, clicking which gives the 2-button choice of "Try Again" or "Don't Download".

The Software Manager system menu only allows you to "Delete Application" if the app is working. If it's a zombie the only menu choices are "Report a Problem" (apparently a no-op), and sometimes "Pause Download" or "Resume Download", not useful.

My question remains, for apps that I liked, like RPN Scientific Calculator, now a zombie, are they gone forever? If they are still installed but inoperable, can they be brought back to life?

UPDATE: I see that HP pulled the plug on RPN Sci Calc in 2011, due to squabble over unofficial UI. So I assume that other 'zombie' apps similarly had lost HP support before being transferred to the homebrew catalog

UPDATE2: I withdraw all questions here. For some reason I am now able to re-install all the apps, including RPN Sci Calc. All these attempts had failed in previous days after hours of trying.
    Last edited by DougInAmbler; 09/08/2014 at 08:56 AM.
    TJs11thPre likes this.