webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Disassembled Veer circuit board with chips?
Disassembled Veer circuit board with chips?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dbmgreen

Old 01/09/2012, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I am looking into reviving bricked Veers due to failed A6/Modem firmware update using JTAG and was wondering if anyone has a completely disassembled Veer that they could take picture of?

Rod disassembled his completely, but there's still a piece of grey tape on 2 some of the chips. I would like to have a picture of the chips underneath this grey tape, so we can determine what points are suitable for JTAG and to try to recover the Veers

This is the part I'm referring to with the grey tape (original picture by Rod Whitby):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Veer_59.jpg (159.4 KB, 70 views) Email Attachment
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2012, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Click and Click
michel_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2012, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
Take a look
These are Rod Whitby's pictures The problem is that there's grey tape on the chips still, so we cannot see what's under it. Once I know this, I can probably progress with the JTAG recovery.

I just don't feel like completely disassembling my Veer with the risk of bricking it forever if someone already has done it
Old 01/09/2012, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
These are Rod Whitby's pictures The problem is that there's grey tape on the chips still, so we cannot see what's under it. Once I know this, I can probably progress with the JTAG recovery.

I just don't feel like completely disassembling my Veer with the risk of bricking it forever if someone already has done it
Try this video, it's a complete disassembly HP Veer 4G AT&T Screen Disassemble/Take Apart/Repair Video Guide - YouTube
andresigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2012, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresigno View Post
It also still keeps the grey stickers on the chips
Old 01/12/2012, 09:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Here is the link to a company repairing HP devices in Germany. Maybe you’re lucky asking them…

www.itsma.de

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
gerzhwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2012, 02:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

But they are most probably not responsible for the phones, because they are still very much "Palm" even if "HP" is printed on them... at least my phone was repaired in ireland, although I'm from germany, from a company called SBE, this is the address:

SBE UK Limited
(Palm Repair Centre)
Beaver Business Park
Ashford
Kent
TN23 7SH
United Kingdom
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2012, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hello Herrie,

Did you make any progress in restoring A6 bricked Veers ?
I have one and by mistake applied the A6 upgrate and it failed. Now it switching on and HP log displays for a second. I have tried to start it a few times and once it goes to the Battery with ? mode, any thing I can do from that point ?

I live in Finland
sribalajee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 11:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
I am looking into reviving bricked Veers due to failed A6/Modem firmware update using JTAG and was wondering if anyone has a completely disassembled Veer that they could take picture of?........................
I have a Veer that was not functioning all that well because of moisture ie: rain ... I think the only thing wrong with it was the volume keys?? but would be happy to post it to you FOC if ya want. You can rip it apart

Dave

dbmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Thanked By: Remy X

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0