Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    My Veer stuck during sync--frozen with a screen shot of USB symbol in the middle of the screen. I searched this forum and found that there are 2 ways that can potentially help to get out of it. One is to hold down power button and toggle the volume rocker 3 times. The other is to hold alt (the key to the left of "z"), Sym and "R" keys down together. However, I tried both and neither worked for me, :-(
    What else can I try before I try the hard reset (which would erase all my data on the phone and it would be my last resort)?
    Try the on button with the ringer switch say 10 times, when this happened to me I tried just 3 times and it did not work, it worked around the seventh time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wyt168 View Post
    One is to hold down power button and toggle the volume rocker 3 times.
    Please note that you do note toggle the volume rocker (the volume up/down rocker), you toggle the mute/unmute switch near the power button, on the top of the veer.

Hope that helps,
    mark
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msmitt View Post
    Try the on button with the ringer switch say 10 times, when this happened to me I tried just 3 times and it did not work, it worked around the seventh time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirstyRoss View Post
    Please note that you do note toggle the volume rocker (the volume up/down rocker), you toggle the mute/unmute switch near the power button, on the top of the veer.

Hope that helps,
    mark
    Thank you both for your suggestions. I needed both to get my Veer out of the frozen state. First I misunderstood the procedure and used the volume rocker (on the left side) instead of the mute/unmute slider (on the top next to the power button). Second, it did take more than 3 times to get it to work.

Thanks, you saved my day!
    Glad to hear it!