Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PreJim
  1.    #1  
    ok I have been rocking a frankenpre 2 but unfortunately I handed it to my friend (iPhone owner) and he immediately dropped it. well I'm planning on stocking up on some more devices for the drought (you know what I mean) well I plan on getting a veer or a bb curve, because the veer just felt a BIT better to me. I will definitely get a pre 3 though so no worries. but I will be using the pre 3 more as a toy. the veer or the curve will be my main phone.
    is the keyboard on the veer better then the pre 2?
    after daily use does it seem to fall apart? good build quality?
    is the removable battery a problem or are designated touchstone dropoffs doing the trick?

Win me over webosnation!
    thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    My wife had a Blackberry Curve, hated it, and now has a Veer.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    Once you go Veer you will never go back.
    Keyboard, build quality and battery life are exceptional.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    zwergholdrio likes this.
    I fully agree. Had a BB 8820 and Nokia E71 in the past, but the Veer is far superior! By the way you CAN replace the battery even without voiding warranty! You can gently lift the back cover and remove/re-insert the battery. Look for Veer Disassembly on Google

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    And Touchstones incl. cables go for USD 8 or so on Amazon and eBay so worth to get some I have 1 for my desk at work and 1 for my desk at home

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    long battery life & robust build
    exemplary telephone/GPS/web speed on AT&T
    superb mpg player
    magnetic connectors very useful
    best keyboard I have ever used in a small phone
    WebOs best phone OS
    Seems that everybody is fanatic for Veer...
    I'll put the same comments in a negative way.
    With BB you are attached to a BB plan if you want to use mail.
    BB doesn't allow you to use Skype
    BB doesn't offer a Synergy like feature.
    BB is not as cool as Veer on the size.
    BB is not 4G.

I never had a BB previously and I think will never have one.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I absolutely love my veer and the build quality is great compared to the Pre - I had on Sprint. I say go with the Blackberry though because you'll already have one WebOS phone (Pre 3) and the the Blackberry has a better keyboard imho. While they keyboard cannot be compared to the Bold series its still very usable. I would also go on to say the curve will have better battery life however please keep in mind I've never used a 9360 and am basing my decision off of other previous blackberrys I have had.

Swapping between 2 different operating systems also for me makes me appreciate my devices more. Ill use my Hero for awhile then sim swap to the veer. I guess it keeps me from getting tired and wanting a new device. Ha.
    Blackberry is good but still Veer is awesome.
    If you are planning to purchase BB Curve its not 3G and Curve 3G is twice as costly as veer.
    Battery Life depends on the usage, My veer works for more than 1 day as I use it only for emails.
    Veer and BB both have superb build quality, My Choice is Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmejohnny View Post
    is the keyboard on the veer better then the pre 2?
    it is VERY MUCH better. Type on a Veer once and you'll find it very hard to go back to a Pre2. The main reason why my wife now has a Pre2 and I am using a Veer (with a Pre3 laying around somewhere very much unused apart from development tests)

after daily use does it seem to fall apart? good build quality?
    It is very robust. Not falling apart since 6 month use. It still looks very attractive (much more than my Pre+ after that time ). I also think that the slider in the Veer is the best in any webOs phone. Even the Pre2 does not feel as sturdy.
    Only thing is: Don't open the back to often (you are not supposed to open it anyway, but I had to like 2 or 3 times, because my Veer was in warranty and they had some cables not properly fixed and since it took like 3 months for the veer to come back, I did not want it to go there ever again... I luckily could fix the cables, even without voiding warranty, but now the very thin bridge above the magnetic connector is broken. . So I advise everyone to avoid opening their Veers although it's very easy to do and even not to void warranty).

is the removable battery a problem or are designated touchstone dropoffs doing the trick?
    The biggest problem with that is that there is no adapter from micro usb to the magnetic connector... something like the audio jack for micro usb would be great to use external usb batteries I have... In areas with good reception or even wifi available my Veer lasts like two days.
    On my work place I have very bad reception and need a ts there to get over the day. It always depends, but usually I'm happy with battery life of my little Veer.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I just love the Veer. I started with a Veer and went to the Pre 3 so the Veer went to my wife and every time I use it I like it. My Pre 3's playing up at the moment so I've unpacked another Veer (bought five of them!) and am using that. It's a powerful thing in such a small package. Easier to type on than the Pre 3 even though I have large fingers. The only reasons I use a Pre 3 instead are because I need a good camera with focus and the Pre 3 has this and the flash. Also some apps aren't available for the Veer, e.g. Picsel Smart Office which I bought for the Pre and need.

The Veer will forever remain a great device but one that's not quite right for the critical last 5% of what I need a phone for. But the rest of the time I prefer it to the Pre.
    They don't call it the "mighty VEER" for nothing!
    I would not veer away from my Veer for quite a while. In fact I bought another as a spare because there isn't another phone on the market like it. Keyboard awesome. Slider, best of all webos phones.
    Only downsides, screen is great for a phone, texting, quick look ups online, games while on the lue, photos...etc but is a little small for general web surfing. I have a TP and 3 computers for that.
    Wish it had TTS for the TP but maybe someday.
    I honestly am a big fan of the veer. If I could get one for Verizon, I would do so in a heart beat! ..
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    I would not veer away from my Veer for quite a while. In fact I bought another as a spare because there isn't another phone on the market like it. Keyboard awesome. Slider, best of all webos phones.
    Only downsides, screen is great for a phone, texting, quick look ups online, games while on the lue, photos...etc but is a little small for general web surfing. I have a TP and 3 computers for that.
    Wish it had TTS for the TP but maybe someday.
    Tap to share works great with webOS 2.2.3/4... Look for a thread on how to create a doctor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    I honestly am a big fan of the veer. If I could get one for Verizon, I would do so in a heart beat! ..
    It's definitely worth switching for.
    AT&T is better than Verizon, plus you can talk and surf at the same time.
    GSM doesn't burn battery as much as CDMA does (if in a bad data area).
    Go for it! Probably the last WebOS hardware ever made.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    the bb curve doesn't have a touchable browser. need i say more?