Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i know this has been asked a lot, but can someone list the exact steps to set up a Veer on a GoPhone account? i want to be able to use 10 cents/min, $5/200 text, and $5/10mb data. can i just go to Radioshack, ask for an AT&T sim, and set up a GoPhone account online? thanks to anyone that helps.
    yes. I paid $1.99 for a sim card from ebay and set up a gophone account online with Att.
    From talking to them it didn't sound like data was available on a smartphone w/ Go? Maybe they misrepresented. (Big surprise, right?
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Cool. Couple more questions. Does it have to be a GoPhone branded sim or could it be any sim? And does any authorized AT&T retailer have sims, or do i need to visit the AT&T store? Thanks for the help so far.
    I was told on the phone it could be either.

Usually SIM cards are a _lot_ cheaper from ebay than from anyone else, if cost matters.
    Otherwise, anyone who sells phones should have SIM cards.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Go phone data will NOT work on a smartphone, however... It is Very possible (although unlikely) that Att has excluded the veer from this restriction... In any case, you could add 500 MB for $25 extra if data doesn't initially work

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    ATT stores refused to sell me a GoPhone SIM for use with my Pre+, said it could only be activated postpaid, if I wanted pre, i'd have to buy the phone from them.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    You need a sim?

A little secret... First you don't need a GoPhone sim ... Any new never activated 3g or greater ATT postpaid sim will do just fine

If YOU and only YOU need a sim .. Pm me... (this is an invitation for eblade ONLY. No one else should be pm'ng me for a sim you will be ignored)

:-)

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i don't mind the price of a sim, since most of the time they're cheap. another thing, when i try to activate the sim, do i have to have a GoPhone and use the IMEI number from the GoPhone? do these GoPhone packages come with a sim i can use?

AT&T Samsung A107 for GoPhone : No contract cell phones | RadioShack.com
    Quote Originally Posted by isoDUB View Post
    i don't mind the price of a sim, since most of the time they're cheap. another thing, when i try to activate the sim, do i have to have a GoPhone and use the IMEI number from the GoPhone? do these GoPhone packages come with a sim i can use?

AT&T Samsung A107 for GoPhone : No contract cell phones | RadioShack.com
    Whenever I activate a GoPhone for a customer, I take the GoPhone sim out of the box and toss em out in the garbage.. Then I take a regular sim and activate that on the gophone plan...

The reason is GoPhone Sims are crap.

Reason 1)

they are not considered Att Sims .. What I mean is, you can have a Postpaid Att phone that will NOT accept the Go Phone sim, unless its unlocked.

Reason 2)

They crap out much quicker.. Malfunction or have weird signal issues..

---

As far as imei is concerned.. For feature phones and quick messaging phones It doesn't matter if you have that phone.. Put any ol imei.. I put 012345678987654 sometimes..

The difference matters when its a smart phone. So att can 'correctly' bill you for data.. They look for it during 'sweeps' so don't bother trying to get around it.

IPhones prepaid data is automatically blocked on them whether you give Att the iphone imei or not

Hope this helped

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Whenever I activate a GoPhone for a customer, I take the GoPhone sim out of the box and toss em out in the garbage.. Then I take a regular sim and activate that on the gophone plan...

The reason is GoPhone Sims are crap.

Reason 1)

they are not considered Att Sims .. What I mean is, you can have a Postpaid Att phone that will NOT accept the Go Phone sim, unless its unlocked.

Reason 2)

They crap out much quicker.. Malfunction or have weird signal issues..

---

As far as imei is concerned.. For feature phones and quick messaging phones It doesn't matter if you have that phone.. Put any ol imei.. I put 012345678987654 sometimes..

The difference matters when its a smart phone. So att can 'correctly' bill you for data.. They look for it during 'sweeps' so don't bother trying to get around it.

IPhones prepaid data is automatically blocked on them whether you give Att the iphone imei or not

Hope this helped

thanks. i think i'll just get a sim off ebay for $2.

so for the Veer do i just put the Veer's IMEI on the account? i've heard that since it isn't an official GoPhone, the sim won't activate or work if i put the Veer IMEI (or something like that).
    Shouldn't matter... The galaxy S isn't an official go phone (the Samsung captivate) but I have activated it on prepaid.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    alright thanks. hopefully this all works out.
    Quote Originally Posted by isoDUB View Post
    alright thanks. hopefully this all works out.
    One thing I was thinking about is that there is one diff between the veer and the captivate

The captivate uses 3G data and the veer is 4G .. It may have trouble using data... Lemme double check that.. so I can test it

Hold off until Monday or so.. (I'm off work for the weekend)

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have a Pre3(ATT) went to the Local AAT store, they sold me a Go-Phone sim, set it up for me, with a data plan.
    Works fine,(Except I don't had the 4g, don't know, but don't think it's available for the Go-Phone market.)
    Got as it was a last chance thing, but honestly, I still use the Pre- as my primary phone, Better coverage @ work (They have Nextell repeaters inside).
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    One thing I was thinking about is that there is one diff between the veer and the captivate

The captivate uses 3G data and the veer is 4G .. It may have trouble using data... Lemme double check that.. so I can test it

Hold off until Monday or so.. (I'm off work for the weekend)

thanks will do.

i might as well ask. does google voice or skype work on the Veer 4G yet? or some other voip service? i've been readin around, but it seems like voice and skype don't work. i'd like to get skype working somehow, cause $60 a year is a pretty attractive price.
    I think there are some google voice apps, as to Skype, it was originally integrated into the TP and Pre3, and just recently arrived on the Pre2 via the 2.2.4 update. I have no idea if the veer has Skype though.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I think there are some google voice apps, as to Skype, it was originally integrated into the TP and Pre3, and just recently arrived on the Pre2 via the 2.2.4 update. I have no idea if the veer has Skype though.
    i've heard of Voogle from checking these forums out, but it gets mixed reviews. if i used the web app, would i get notifications? and a question about Google Voice itself. if i link my new gophone number to my google voice number, give people my google voice number, and make calls with that number, no one will ever know my AT&T number right?
    So what happened with the veer? Can it get data because it's 4g on gophone?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I just went into the ATT store and asked for a prepaid sim, paid some money into the account at the same time and was off and running. I get a consistent 3G speed of around 500kpbs here in Houston, but I was recently in Florida and got 1-1500kbps. It was the same I was getting on my Verizon Pre Plus so not 3.5G/fauxG.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast