Plugin:
    Messaging Plugins

Service:
    File The
    SysToolsMgr service

Unknown:
    Network Drives

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Got my Veer yesterday evening and unlocked, installed few patches. Today battery percentage is 29 and draining fast (3% in 30 minutes). I didn't charge battery, now it is factory charged and maybe this is the main reason?
    What way it should be calibrated? Does it need to be fully drained to power-off?
    And should I install that patch in post above?
    Quote Originally Posted by ipad_user View Post
    Got my Veer yesterday evening and unlocked, installed few patches. Today battery percentage is 29 and draining fast (3% in 30 minutes). I didn't charge battery, now it is factory charged and maybe this is the main reason?
    What way it should be calibrated? Does it need to be fully drained to power-off?
    And should I install that patch in post above?
    Check if the device is still in DIAG Mode.

Enter "#*USBPASS# (#*8727277#) in the dialer application and press the dial icon.
    If you're prompted to enter a authorization code, it's probably not in DIAG Mode.
    If you see switches and "USB PORT 1" and "USB PORT 2", then set them to None.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Check if the device is still in DIAG Mode.

Enter "#*USBPASS# (#*8727277#) in the dialer application and press the dial icon.
    If you're prompted to enter a authorization code, it's probably not in DIAG Mode.
    If you see switches and "USB PORT 1" and "USB PORT 2", then set them to None.
    All switches is "None" (ACM USB PORT, USB PORT 1, USB PORT 2, SERIAL PORT) and Use USBNet is "Disabled".
    All switches is "None" (ACM USB PORT, USB PORT 1, USB PORT 2, SERIAL PORT) and Use USBNet is "Disabled".
    That's as it should be.
    You could run Emergency Patch Removal and see if that makes a difference.
    Then you know it's a patch.
    Ok, now topbar shows me 0% and Veer is still working. I'm in stuck with this behaviour……maybe battery need to be calibrated? I didn't charge it since opened box with Veer.
    Oh, installed patch that shows percentage in colour.
    Ok, now topbar shows me 0% and Veer is still working. I'm in stuck with this behaviour……maybe battery need to be calibrated? I didn't charge it since opened box with Veer.
    Oh, installed patch that shows percentage in colour.
    http://www.webosnation.com/dr-battery
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Thanks, but "Because of the new A6 chip and a change in the source code calibration is not supported on the Veer, Pre3 and TouchPad".

Veer went off after 2-4 minutes with 0% charge and now is charging with power cable.
    Hope 2 times with fully drained battery to 100% charge will calibrate battery.
    @whemix
    i think Uberkernel causes your battery drain ...
    Battery lost 6% in ten minutes after first charge. I'm frightened a bit.

Patches:

all Mojo (FPS and other)
    alarm daily options
    battery percent as icon
    copy url to clipboard
    delete email from dashboard
    faster card animations HYPER version
    gsm 3g gps brightness in device menu
    russian layout for hardware keyboard

Linux application:

GNU patch
    homebrew JSJSJS $service$ $framework$
    lsdiff

Synergy plugin
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    @whemix
    i think Uberkernel causes your battery drain ...
    I am interested in your comment... is uberkernel generally known to increase battery drain?
    Doctored my Veer and still 1% in 15 minutes. Weird!
    Doctored my Veer and still 1% in 15 minutes. Weird!
    It could be just poor network reception. It drains battery badly. I usually disable WiFi when I don't need it. But my battery drain is not very consistent either anyway. T-Mobile network here in NL is pure crap, so maybe that's what could explain it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It could be just poor network reception. It drains battery badly. I usually disable WiFi when I don't need it. But my battery drain is not very consistent either anyway. T-Mobile network here in NL is pure crap, so maybe that's what could explain it :P
    Full signal bars with 2G only enabled and no other data services, just don't know what is wrong
    Installed that patch adviced above and no effect.

UPD. And still mad charge consumption….sick. Please tell me if someone had the same for the first days of usage (maybe it is battery calibration now because Dr. Battery shows that all is good)!!!!!!
    Govnah shows no hard work as for CPU.
    Last edited by ipad_user; 01/11/2012 at 02:45 AM.
    Well, first you should know that any data connection rapidly increases your battery drain ... so you need to disable it and enable only if you really need it (use GSM 3G GPS and Brightness in Device Menu patch, its very usefull to quickly enable/disable data connection). The second, all Mojo patches are big battery consumers too so better dont install them. The last, i can only recommend to use JStop with enabled Auto GC and disabled notifications (avaliable in Homebrew), it should help to reduce memory usage and save your battery ...
    Well, first you should know that any data connection rapidly increases your battery drain ... so you need to disable it and enable only if you really need it (use GSM 3G GPS and Brightness in Device Menu patch, its very usefull to quickly enable/disable data connection). The second, all Mojo patches are big battery consumers too so better dont install them. The last, i can only recommend to use JStop with enabled Auto GC and disabled notifications (avaliable in Homebrew), it should help to reduce memory usage and save your battery ...
    Thanks for advice! Will doctor it one more time and install only 3 patches - messaging plugin/GSM 3G GPS and Brightness/battery percent as icon.

Please name patches that won't affect battery and installed in your Veer

I'm completely stressed with battery draining…..hope some magic or else can help me.
    Last edited by ipad_user; 01/11/2012 at 04:57 AM.
    Doctored and installed Buttah, GSM 3G GPS and Brightness, Russian Layout for Hardware Keyboard, Battery icon as percent.
    Switched all off, 2G+, Location services are on, mail check every hour, brightness 30%.
    After 8 hours (night with inactivity) 10% drain, but later 1% per 20 minutes, drained 3% after 15 min. voice call.
    You may disable 2G+, Location services and mail check every hour
    You may disable 2G+, Location services and mail check every hour
    But location services are off until I opened any app that is in need of themů.or am I wrong?
    Mail checků.i like notifications so much))
    2G with data because mail (and sometimes messenger) is very important.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast