Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Are we supposed actually get the update to 2.2.3/2.2.4 ?
    No

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Ahhhhh nuts -_- I guess I'll just wait till 3.0.5 for the TP

I really don't understand why the Pre3 gets an update treatment (even if it's only bug fixes) whereas the Veers on the market are stuck without TTS...

Veer userbase must be bigger than the Pre3s out there - or am I wrong?
    Maybe all the WebOS guys are carrying Pre3's so had self-motivation to put out an update.
    yeah maybe, now that's what I call customer focus

but still I keep hoping that TTS/sms-sync will be available officially anytime soon...
    designed for webOS
    certainly the most innovative
    the magnetic connector is brilliant
    its small form factor, while not for gamers, is ideal for those using a smartphone primarily as a communication device
    the Veer fits perfectly in my hand & fits in a shirt pocket with room to spare
    the keyboard is the best I have ever used on a cell phone
    its sound system is outstanding
    HP needs to release an upgrade that delivers TTS as promised
    better integration with the TP should be high on HP's priorities as well
    cellphones have been orphaned by HP, which is a terrible business strategy
    cellphones are the core of mobile computing & they have a unique winner with the Veer
    ATT has to approve the update for US versions. I'm sure the same is true for SFR and O2.
    TTS Veer to TP, what a concept, what a dream. That is why I bought a TP to go with my Veer. Sad to say it will probably never happen. :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    TTS Veer to TP, what a concept, what a dream. That is why I bought a TP to go with my Veer. Sad to say it will probably never happen. :-(
    Well you could update with the non-supported 2.2.3/2.2.4 version
    mefm247 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Well you could update with the non-supported 2.2.3/2.2.4 version
    I'm actually really tempted to do that on my spare Veer... but then if Pre 3 got a doctor the hopes of Veer getting one has just increased, so I probably should wait for that. But then I'm probably in for a very long wait.

Come on, HP, throw us a Christmas gift!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm actually really tempted to do that on my spare Veer... but then if Pre 3 got a doctor the hopes of Veer getting one has just increased, so I probably should wait for that. But then I'm probably in for a very long wait.

Come on, HP, throw us a Christmas gift!
    Update has been pending since August.....

It really depends what you need 2.2.3/2.2.4 for. If you need it for Skype or other 2.2.3/2.2.4 features it's quite fool proof and risk-free.

Currently only A6 update which is used for TTS seems to be tricky and cause problems. So if you don't have a TouchPad and don't need TTS there's little to lose
  13.    #13  
    When I saw the pre3 doctor I was excited but then I realized. Its the Same old veer/pixi dilemma. I'd really like TTS, but my fellow WebOS users it looks like more wait time

Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Update has been pending since August.....

It really depends what you need 2.2.3/2.2.4 for. If you need it for Skype or other 2.2.3/2.2.4 features it's quite fool proof and risk-free.

Currently only A6 update which is used for TTS seems to be tricky and cause problems. So if you don't have a TouchPad and don't need TTS there's little to lose
    Well I do use it, actually. That's why I have my Pre 3. Once all my Pre 3 features get transferred back to my Veer, I'm probably going back to that.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Well I do use it, actually. That's why I have my Pre 3. Once all my Pre 3 features get transferred back to my Veer, I'm probably going back to that.
    +1
    Herrie: A6 update is needed for TTS and stereo sound in media player ...
    And to think I changed carriers for this phone. I love it, but I really would like SMS on my TouchPad.
  18.    #18  
    I guess we are going to get left out of the recent OTA updates?

Quote Originally Posted by ltyarbro42 View Post
    I guess we are going to get left out of the recent OTA updates?

It's hard to say. If we could at least get our hands on a 2.2.4 doctor for any version of the Veer that would make it more or less irrelevant if we ever got it officially or not.
    For what it's worth, I'm quite confident we'll see the update for the Veer before too long.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast