Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree18Likes
    Yes the two were advanced system prefs patches, one that added more items in the main top bar contxtual menu and the other was one of the adv reset.

Hope that helps, you and others
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    Yes the two were advanced system prefs patches, one that added more items in the main top bar contxtual menu and the other was one of the adv reset.

Hope that helps, you and others
    Yes! I have the problem with one contact every time i call this contact the Veer shutdown itself! After i have uninstalled all Advanced patch no more problem!
    But i need Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs for some feature like close the phone app after a call.
    So i have installed Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs and Advanced System Prefs - Framework (ATT/VZW)
    And now the phone don't shutdown no more!!
    But a new problem... After installed Advanced System Prefs - Framework (ATT/VZW) the contact app it's no more working.. It's don't possible no more to edit a contact or go on preference
    I try only Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW) for some feature and it's working, i think the framework it's required for notification!
    Anyway we have found the problem, it's Advanced family! Maybe Herrie or anyone can found the problem or fix Advanced System Prefs - Framework (ATT/VZW) for everyone need!
    For now i don't have no more shutdown! If the shutdown continue i uninstall also Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW).
    Thanks grasshoper!!
    Your welcome

Glad the answer has finally been found!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Alright, guys, so I'm waiting for my AT&T Veer (which I'll unlock once it arrived) in the mail, and I'm planning to update to 2.2.3/2.2.4, mainly for the A6 firmware and TTS. Which version should I choose? Is there really any major difference between the two?
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
    Alright, guys, so I'm waiting for my AT&T Veer (which I'll unlock once it arrived) in the mail, and I'm planning to update to 2.2.3/2.2.4, mainly for the A6 firmware and TTS. Which version should I choose? Is there really any major difference between the two?
    Well, for me try them, When you have upgrade successful the Modem and A6 you don't need to do it again.
    2.2.3 is for US market share, 2.2.4 for Europe and rest of world.
    2.2.3 have some bugs like the loud noise on call when slide is closed and on 2.2.4 with headphones the audio is only on mono.
    So i repeat, try and see what is the best firmware for you
    I have uninstalled all Advanced patch family but still the Veer shutdown itself... Now i go back on 2.1.1
    I need a phone, damn HP!!! if they release an official update we don't have all this problem!
    With assistance with lots of users...

I am announcing a new process to get webOS 2.2.3/4 on your Veer device:

webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR

Why is this better, Doctor handles Modem Firmware and your USB data is retained...

Please let me know if this newer Doctor process works for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    They're pretty much the same... 2.2.3 seems to be the US version and 2.2.4 the RoW (Rest of World) version.

Firmwares for hardware are the same version, most software is the same too. The difference is mainly some icons for the data connection as it seems
    what do i need to do the a6 upgrade do i need a file?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    what do i need to do the a6 upgrade do i need a file?
    Read this forum: webOS 2.2.4 Doctor for Veer for AT&T or WR
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345