Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm quite confident we'll see the update for the Veer before too long.
    Just spoke with an HP webOS rep last night for my butler service action on my new veer, and the rep confirmed that engineers are currently working on the update. Hope springs eternal!
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    +1 Hashtag'd tweet from me, trending = noticeable.

Anyone know @TheRock personally? He's pretty good at making stuff trend.
    I tweeted this out

@ATTCustomerCare @HP When is HP Veer getting tap2share update? It was a marketed feature when it was announced 2/9/11 #SillyOfMeToThink?

Here's what i got back from ATT:

@L00pHole Hello! Currently, we don't have any information to share regarding your update inquiry. Thanks for checking in!

And here's what i've since tweeted back, awaiting a response:

@ATTCustomerCare A HP webOS rep said the promised Veer updates are currently being worked on, with no sched release date. Confirm/Deny?

You can catch up with me here:
    https://twitter.com/#!/L00pHole
    Hey everyone,

I updated to 2.2.4 without running the modem firmware (I don't use mobile data) weeks ago. Everything has been working perfectly, except my phone shuts down randomly after a few minutes during a voice call.

Could the A6 firmware update solve this or does it only affect data? Would I have a better chance of solving this by using WebOS Doctor and downgrade to 2.1.2?

Just to be clear: my phone isn't bricked, when it shuts down I can just power it back on and it'll work fine (though it takes a couple minutes to boot up). It only happens during voice calls, sometimes after ~5 minutes, sometimes after ~15 minutes... random, really.

Thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcoe_ View Post
    Hey everyone,

I updated to 2.2.4 without running the modem firmware (I don't use mobile data) weeks ago. Everything has been working perfectly, except my phone shuts down randomly after a few minutes during a voice call.

Could the A6 firmware update solve this or does it only affect data? Would I have a better chance of solving this by using WebOS Doctor and downgrade to 2.1.2?

Just to be clear: my phone isn't bricked, when it shuts down I can just power it back on and it'll work fine (though it takes a couple minutes to boot up). It only happens during voice calls, sometimes after ~5 minutes, sometimes after ~15 minutes... random, really.

Thanks for the help.
    A modem firmware update should solve this. A6 shouldn't have much to do with this.

2.2.4 is known for resets when you press key buttons during a call.
    2.2.3 doesn't have this problem, however it has a "scream" with the slider closed.

It would be good to compare the 2.2.4 unofficial for the Veer with an official 2.2.4 for the Pre3 for example and the unofficial 2.2.3 for the Veer. I believe if we would "transplant" some modules we might be able to solve the 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 problems with the unofficial Veer update.

I'm not sure what modules to look at though
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    A modem firmware update should solve this. A6 shouldn't have much to do with this.

2.2.3 doesn't have this problem, however it has a "scream" with the slider closed.

It would be good to compare the 2.2.4 unofficial for the Veer with an official 2.2.4 for the Pre3 for example and the unofficial 2.2.3 for the Veer. I believe if we would "transplant" some modules we might be able to solve the 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 problems with the unofficial Veer update.

Thanks for the reply.

I was misled by the thread title but I just checked and I have 2.2.3, not 2.2.4. I indeed have the "scream" when the slider is closed, but that's not really bothering me as I always open it. I thought I might be pressing buttons so last time I had a call I made sure I kept the phone away from my ear but it still shut down. I guess I'll try updating the modem firmware.

EDIT: for some reason I had a hard time connecting to my Veer, so I decided to just use webOS Doctor and go back to 2.1.2. My main reasons for updating were Skype and bug fixes, but I'm not using Skype as much as I thought I would and I'd rather have a phone I can actually call with, even if that means dealing with a few bugs.
    Last edited by Simcoe_; 03/21/2012 at 04:39 AM.

I have the same issue, but instead of pressing a button during call, it's when I make a call, one time out of two, that my phone shuts down.

I did the modem and A6 updates when I installed 2.2.4

I'm willing to try and update the modem again, but I can't find broadwayumts.tar.gz needed to do so.

Are there people here who had the same issue and succeeded in having 2.2.4 working normally ? Or did all those people end up installing 2.2.3 or reverting back to the latest official build available ?

Thanks
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshoper View Post
    I have the same issue, but instead of pressing a button during call, it's when I make a call, one time out of two, that my phone shuts down.

I did the modem and A6 updates when I installed 2.2.4

I'm willing to try and update the modem again, but I can't find broadwayumts.tar.gz needed to do so.

Are there people here who had the same issue and succeeded in having 2.2.4 working normally ? Or did all those people end up installing 2.2.3 or reverting back to the latest official build available ?

Thanks
    I never had resets with 2.2.3 to be honest and 2.2.4 is OK with me since the weekend (needed to reinstall due to application db being full). It seems to be 2.2.4 only, but modem firmware for both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 are the same, so it must be some of the modules causing the problem!
    I never had resets with 2.2.3 to be honest and 2.2.4 is OK with me since the weekend (needed to reinstall due to application db being full). It seems to be 2.2.4 only, but modem firmware for both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 are the same, so it must be some of the modules causing the problem!
    It's random. I Have 2.2.3 and have same issue, now i have switch to 2.2.4 and for now it's ok. No more shutdown when i make a call, i try also with key button during call and no problems.
    For most people the problem is on 2.2.4, for a very small the issue is on 2.2.3 like me and Simcoe_.
    Anyway i think the only solution for have an official firmware is to bomb AT&T, HP, Palm Twitter and email...
    So what's the solution ? Going through the whole 2.2.4 install process again ? Or just updating some modules ?

It's so sad cauz I just installed all patchs and apps and would have to go through the whole thing again ^^
    So what's the solution ? Going through the whole 2.2.4 install process again ? Or just updating some modules ?

It's so sad cauz I just installed all patchs and apps and would have to go through the whole thing again ^^
    You have 2.2.4? downgrade to 2.2.3
    You have 2.2.3? update to 2.2.4

Try and one of this work, if not go back on official firmware... remember this is not the final version...
    Ok, so I'll try with 2.2.3

Hope there's not much difference with 2.2.4 !
    Ok, so I'll try with 2.2.3

Hope there's not much difference with 2.2.4 !
    There is a problem of loud noise on call when slide is closed... with 2.2.3...
    Mmmh, that issue happens also with 2.2.4 but with the earplugs...

Thanks wMarck90

EDIT: maybe ... maybe with earplugs AND slider closed... mmmh !
    I'm on WebOS 2.1.1., EU Veer... in Germany. Will I ever get this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by megaD2000plus View Post
    I'm on WebOS 2.1.1., EU Veer... in Germany. Will I ever get this update?
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a carrier update, but there are ways to do it yourself.

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    How can I update myself?
    I have been using my veer on 2.2.4 for about a month now. It has NEVER rebooted while talking on it. I wonder if a patch or something like that isn't compatible with 2.2.4 or something like that? In any event. I love 2.2.4 on my veer with all updates including a6.... Until I can afford a pre3 its the next best thing.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by megaD2000plus View Post
    How can I update myself?
    Step by step guide: Herrie's HP Veer 2.2.3/2.2.4 step-by-step update guide

It's really helpful, I'd definitely suggest taking a look.
    Ok, so oddly the reboots have stopped by themselves with 2.2.4

I just removed 2 patches from preware (can't remember the names but had to do with the menu that appears when you tap on the top bar and with the power buttons that appears when you hold ... well the power button)

I wonder if the others that had the reboot issue had patches installed as well that could cause the issue ...
    Ok, so oddly the reboots have stopped by themselves with 2.2.4

I just removed 2 patches from preware (can't remember the names but had to do with the menu that appears when you tap on the top bar and with the power buttons that appears when you hold ... well the power button)

I wonder if the others that had the reboot issue had patches installed as well that could cause the issue ...
    The patch you are saying is Advanced Reset Options but other?
    I have the first reboot now, after 6 day... Do you remember if the patch is one of advanced family?
    Because i really think the problem is this patch...
    I have Advanced System Prefs - Phone Prefs (ATT/VZW) 2.2.4 (Normal don't working) with Advanced System Prefs - Framework...
    Last edited by wMarck90; 03/24/2012 at 10:35 AM.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast