Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    I used to have Uberkernel at 1.4 GHz all the Time at Veer 2.1.1 and i was very happy with it, till yesterday *when i updated to 2.2.4. I just wanted to tested Skype. For me it doesen't worth updating to 2.2.4. maybe it is a little bit smoother or maybe the Apps open a little bit quicker or it seems to be quicker and smoother but nothing to compare when you have Uberkernel on veer. i doctored back to 2.1.1.As long as there are no Kernel available for 2.2.4 *i will stay at 2.1.1. i cannot imagine my veer without Kernel.
    tomori, for me Kernel only useful with mplayer. There no many good games for Veer...
  3.    #43  
    Here's a WebOS wishlist... I just want an official OTA update. please What do you guys think the hold up is? If i had to bet it'd be AT&T, but can't be sure given HP's track record.
    Quote Originally Posted by ltyarbro42 View Post
    Here's a WebOS wishlist... I just want an official OTA update. please What do you guys think the hold up is? If i had to bet it'd be AT&T, but can't be sure given HP's track record.
    We need to find out who the contact for this update. WebOS support chat has no information available about updates.

Also, does anyone have the unofficial 2.2.4 update file? All download links are dead on those free file sharing services.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    We need to find out who the contact for this update. WebOS support chat has no information available about updates.

Also, does anyone have the unofficial 2.2.4 update file? All download links are dead on those free file sharing services.
    I'm uploading the 2.2.4 again

The following mirrors still work:

WUpload, depositfiles and Fileserve
    Last edited by Herrie; 02/06/2012 at 01:05 PM.
    Rnp likes this.
    you can work on the kernel yourself if you want. I have no idea how to do that. But rod said something about removing the 2.1.x restriction in the source and then membooting.
  7.    #47  

I agree, although I have no idea where to go considering we don't know what is actually holding up release. If its on the carrier side we are screwed we all know AT&T doesn't give a rats ***** and never will

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post

Can you send me the links in a PM plz ? 2.2.3 or 2.2.4

but there's no way to get those links...
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post

I always ask about it when I contacted tech support on the touchpad. They always said they will refer my request to engineering dept. I think they don't want to release it is because 2.2.3 touch to share can brick some veers and they have yet to find a sure way to fix it.
    For anyone using 2.2.4, could you check if you have any proxy support or not? I guess there is still no built-in settings but you may use Proxify in Preware to set it. Since Pre 3 supports it with webOS 2.2, Veer should support it too with 2.2.4?

Have removed the links?
    if we can get a couple hundred people slamming at&t's twitter a day, maybe they will push it through. if its out there in the open how they are now delivering on a marketed update, thats false advertising. hp says they are focusing on the os, well? i think both need to be hit for a week or so, say 3 times a day to start? the re-tweets will follow
    hows this?

@ATTCustomerCare @HP When is HP Veer getting tap-to-share update, it was a marketed feature, back when it was announced on 2/9/11

i will start the bombardment i guess, who will follow? where is that 'release my pre' guy when you need him?????
    Palm prē-ist.
    Trovatore likes this.
    Where can I get the scripts? Unfortunately the links on Herries page are dead.
    @HERRIE!!

You are the MAN!!! You made this so easy!! Got my veer, unboxed it, had it running 2.2.4 with updated tp, modem, a6 in an hour!!!!! Effing fantastic!!! Tts works perfectly!!! Too bad the phone is too small for me to easily use. Ohh well its a good companion for my touchpad until I can afford a pre3.

Thanks again Herrie!!

AWESOME!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by oholika View Post
    Where can I get the scripts? Unfortunately the links on Herries page are dead.
    Right here:

WebOS 2.2.3 is already there for Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    @herrie!!

You are the man!!! You made this so easy!! Got my veer, unboxed it, had it running 2.2.4 with updated tp, modem, a6 in an hour!!!!! Effing fantastic!!! Tts works perfectly!!! Too bad the phone is too small for me to easily use. Ohh well its a good companion for my touchpad until i can afford a pre3.

Thanks again herrie!!

Awesome!!!!!
    O!!!!! M!!!!! G!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry, I had too.)
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    if we can get a couple hundred people slamming at&t's twitter a day, maybe they will push it through. if its out there in the open how they are now delivering on a marketed update, thats false advertising. hp says they are focusing on the os, well? i think both need to be hit for a week or so, say 3 times a day to start? the re-tweets will follow
    hows this?

@ATTCustomerCare @HP When is HP Veer getting tap-to-share update, it was a marketed feature, back when it was announced on 2/9/11

i will start the bombardment i guess, who will follow? where is that 'release my pre' guy when you need him?????
    Just twitted that message :-)

And they replied : https://twitter.com/#!/ATTCustomerCa...36452422590465
    Last edited by Trovatore; 03/03/2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    hows this?

Just threw it out there: @ATTCustomerCare @HP When is HP Veer getting tap2share update? It was a marketed feature when it was announced 2/9/11 #SillyOfMeToThink?

I wielded the power of top trending hash tags mUHUHAHAHAAAA!

https://twitter.com/#!/L00pHole/stat...02731731148800
    +1 Hashtag'd tweet from me, trending = noticeable.

Anyone know @TheRock personally? He's pretty good at making stuff trend.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast