Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    designed for webOS
    certainly the most innovative
    the magnetic connector is brilliant
    its small form factor, while not for gamers, is ideal for those using a smartphone primarily as a communication device
    the Veer fits perfectly in my hand & fits in a shirt pocket with room to spare
    the keyboard is the best I have ever used on a cell phone
    its sound system is outstanding
    HP needs to release an upgrade that delivers TTS as promised
    better integration with the TP should be high on HP's priorities as well
    cellphones have been orphaned by HP, which is a terrible business strategy
    cellphones are the core of mobile computing & they have a unique winner with the Veer
    I agree!!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm quite confident we'll see the update for the Veer before too long.
    I was going to update the OS using the unofficial method, but since there is confidence from a moderator, I guess I'll wait a while.
    yeah,i have updated it to 2.2.3 version.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm quite confident we'll see the update for the Veer before too long.
    Based on what? I'm not inclined to believe this without something more than "I think this is happening"
  5.    #25  
    Either way, no christmas miracle for us yet

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Maybe a new years gift is in the works? Ha ha ya right.........
    I'm trying to upgrade my Veer to 2.2.4, but I believe I stuck in where the batch script end normally and getting into novaterm. Since I have WebOS QI, I launched it instead.

After I executed "sh tpupdate.sh", the system displayed the following, which I believe it failed:
    root@webos-device:/tmp/media# sh tpupdate.sh
    sh tpupdate.sh
    cat: read error: Timer expired
    error reading silicon revision. dmesg:
    [ 484.900736] cy8ctma300 cy8ctma300: timed out waiting for high
    [ 484.900863] cy8ctma300 cy8ctma300: error -62 during id-setup-1 wait-and-poll
    root@webos-device:/tmp/media#
    Would you pls advise what went wrong? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by palmaholic; 01/10/2012 at 05:14 AM.
    Try in Novaterm or WebOS QI:

cd /usr/bin
    PmTpUpdater -f
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Try in Novaterm or WebOS QI:

cd /usr/bin
    PmTpUpdater -f
    Unfortunately, the result is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmaholic View Post
    Not sure what's the problem then.. What OS are you using to update? I'm happy to help via IM (ICQ/Skype etc). My details are in my profile.
    Not sure what's the problem then.. What OS are you using to update? I'm happy to help via IM (ICQ/Skype etc). My details are in my profile.
    From the other thread, you may have noticed me updating 2.2.3 after failing 2.2.4. After updating 2.2.3, it failed to connect to PC via QI.

Since I'm free in this evening, I try my luck in updating 2.2.4 again with Michel_ng's advice.

Herrie, thanks for your helping hand. Tell you what, my last phone with Palm was Treo. Basically, I didn't have my hands on any WebOS devices other than this Veer. So, take me as a noob.

I'll text you after my Live installation. I just crashed my old PC last Christmas, so my machine is a new build - no software at all.
    From the other thread, you may have noticed me updating 2.2.3 after failing 2.2.4. After updating 2.2.3, it failed to connect to PC via QI.

Since I'm free in this evening, I try my luck in updating 2.2.4 again with Michel_ng's advice.

Herrie, thanks for your helping hand. Tell you what, my last phone with Palm was Treo. Basically, I didn't have my hands on any WebOS devices other than this Veer. So, take me as a noob.

I'll text you after my Live installation. I just crashed my old PC last Christmas, so my machine is a new build - no software at all.
    OK, I'm at work now, but will let you know when I'm home
    I finally found out that when the error is there, you have to start all the steps for PmTpUpdater all over again, starting with rebooting.
    dya know what! I've had 2.2.4 for a couple of days now (thanks again Herrie) and I find that stock 2.2.4 is a lot more stable that 2.1.2. When you add all the patches (system enhancing) it goes so nice, and even at 800mhz! If there becomes an OC, it will be sooo good!
    thanks again Herrie and the rest of the gang.
    I am tired of waiting for 2.2.3 / 2.2.4 official release.
    I am planning to reinstall my veer with 2.2.3 / 2.2.4, I am in India and would like to know which one shall I use and if someone has any differences between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    I am tired of waiting for 2.2.3 / 2.2.4 official release.
    I am planning to reinstall my veer with 2.2.3 / 2.2.4, I am in India and would like to know which one shall I use and if someone has any differences between the two.
    They're pretty much the same... 2.2.3 seems to be the US version and 2.2.4 the RoW (Rest of World) version.

Firmwares for hardware are the same version, most software is the same too. The difference is mainly some icons for the data connection as it seems
    Last edited by Herrie; 01/18/2012 at 01:24 AM.
    devil.insulted likes this.
    They're pretty much the same... 2.2.3 seems to be the US version and 2.2.4 the RoW (Rest of World) version.

Firmwares for hardware are the same version, most software is the same too. The difference is mainly some icons for the data connection as it seems
    Apart from Skype and TTS is there any new feature.
    Like in 2.1.2 my HP App Catalog Kills 3G services is it still the same.
    Any Enhancements that you identified?
    2.2.4 is not row update. My na unlocked pre 2 got an ota and everything. Its just the version they want to make "universal"
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    Apart from Skype and TTS is there any new feature.
    Like in 2.1.2 my HP App Catalog Kills 3G services is it still the same.
    Any Enhancements that you identified?
    My experience is that 2.2.4 is more stable than 2.2.3 and it seems more responsive. The rest is the same
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andresigno View Post
    My experience is that 2.2.4 is more stable than 2.2.3 and it seems more responsive. The rest is the same

Mine is already stable and "seems" reponsive with 2.1.2 and I haven't updated yet. I just don't know how you can see that 2.2.4 is more stable and more responsive than 2.2.3. Must be Placebo effect.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast