1.    #1  
    Hi All!

My Veer not anymore recognized by windows, it say "unknown usb device". Veer not asks for disk mode when connected into pc usb. (test on two different pc).
    Phone is working ok, but not indicate charging (but charging), I wish to restore it with a webos doctor, but with "unknown usb device" it seems to be impossible..
    May be I should to install some drivers?

Thank you.
    Pardon my English.
    Did you install somthing like usb-net for network/tethering through usb?
    I think this is known to break usb.
    To doctor the device reboot into recovery mode. No like atm sorry.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Did you install somthing like usb-net for network/tethering through usb?
    I think this is known to break usb.
    To doctor the device reboot into recovery mode. No like atm sorry.
    No any tethering, just preware and 2-3 patches for contacts, and russian keyboard. It works perfect about week, then charging problems appears.
    I made full erase.. and now there is no preware in phone, and usb connection doesn't work. I had tried reboot to recovery mode and use w.doctor.. but it say connect your phone to usb.. :\
    as keyboard fixes would likely do something with the magnetic port
    I bet this is the culprit
    I am holding off on mods for my Veer
    too important to me to mess with & on ATT my plain vanilla works flawlessly
    if this fails, then consider a complete swipe & re-load without the preware
    reload each preware fix one at a time
    you'll get it
    the magnetic connector is the coolest thing about the Veer, IMHO, but it can cause mischief
    good luck!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    consider a complete swipe & re-load without the preware
    reload each preware fix one at a time
    you'll get it
    the magnetic connector is the coolest thing about the Veer, IMHO, but it can cause mischief
    good luck!!!
    But is there way to delete those patches without installed Preware or WebosQuickInstall (need usb connection )?
    I made full erase, but patches were not deleted and still work.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_ru View Post
    But is there way to delete those patches without installed Preware or WebosQuickInstall (need usb connection )?
    I made full erase, but patches were not deleted and still work.

Thank you.
    I would go with the EPR (Patch Recovery). Great tool
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    I would go with the EPR (Patch Recovery). Great tool
    You mean reboot with volume up button pressed? Yeah but, my veer's usb in that mode same not functional.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I get this error every time I plug my veer into one of my... crappier USB ports/hubs. I resolve it by plugging it directly into the back of the computer, or into one of my hubs that has a real USB 2.0 cable and is powered by a wall plug.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    I get this error every time I plug my veer into one of my... crappier USB ports/hubs. I resolve it by plugging it directly into the back of the computer, or into one of my hubs that has a real USB 2.0 cable and is powered by a wall plug.
    In any port, same errors.
    In Linux logs:

[ 254.524016] usb 4-2: new full speed USB device number 6 using uhci_hcd
    [ 254.644013] usb 4-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
    [ 254.868014] usb 4-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
    [ 255.084014] usb 4-2: new full speed USB device number 7 using uhci_hcd
    [ 255.204012] usb 4-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
    [ 255.428012] usb 4-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
    [ 255.644014] usb 4-2: new full speed USB device number 8 using uhci_hcd
    [ 256.052020] usb 4-2: device not accepting address 8, error -71
    [ 256.164013] usb 4-2: new full speed USB device number 9 using uhci_hcd
    [ 256.572012] usb 4-2: device not accepting address 9, error -71
    [ 256.572040] hub 4-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jolly_ru; 12/15/2011 at 03:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    You mean reboot with volume up button pressed? Yeah but, my veer's usb in that mode same not functional.
    No. It's a patch/service in Preware that takes care of all patches and starts anew.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
  11.    #11  
    I see, but I've not Preware installed. And now I think it can't be installed without usb. Internalz from App Catalog can't run ipk, even if you copy it to phone drive.
    I see, but I've not Preware installed. And now I think it can't be installed without usb. Internalz from App Catalog can't run ipk, even if you copy it to phone drive.
    Hi,

Did u solve this man??? am stuck with the same issue now.
    If it get's not recognized in recovery mode (that means, reboot, keep volume up button pressed, till picture with USB-cable shows up), then it's a hardware failure somewhere... I'd try opening the Veer up a bit and check the cable for the magnetic connector... had that becoming loose myself some time ago.
    There are pictures somewhere on how to open the device. Don't go as far as voiding your warranty. Just open up the back cover a bit, would be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    If it get's not recognized in recovery mode (that means, reboot, keep volume up button pressed, till picture with USB-cable shows up), then it's a hardware failure somewhere... I'd try opening the Veer up a bit and check the cable for the magnetic connector... had that becoming loose myself some time ago.
    There are pictures somewhere on how to open the device. Don't go as far as voiding your warranty. Just open up the back cover a bit, would be enough.
    Garfonso, The issue is like - I can charge my phone by connecting to a AC socket or to a USB port but the charging icon wont be shown on the screen.

And main thing is my computer is not detecting the Veer when connected and the Veer is not displaying charging notification and the option to connect as a mass storage device.

Even tried to connect in recovery mode but that didnt help.

restarted with cable connected, no change.
    Make sure to double check your cable, I had a problem that 1 of the pins of the magnetic connector cable got a bit moved and didn't make proper contact anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Make sure to double check your cable, I had a problem that 1 of the pins of the magnetic connector cable got a bit moved and didn't make proper contact anymore.
    Thanks for your response Herrie

I checked all the pins of the magnetic connector, even tried using a new cable but nothing seems to help me in this.

I see people having same problem in one more thread

Appreciate if anyone would be willing to give a heads up on this.

HP Veer USB cable connection problem

Quote Originally Posted by hoadaaa View Post
    the same proplem with me and my Veer work fine when using the 3.5mm headphone adapter. I replace a new cable (inside Veer) but it can't still charge or connect computer.
    To Update on this

I tried clipping away the magnetic connectors plastic cover and to look for any connection probs in wires to Pin..

But nothing seemed to be wrong there.. I tried connecting the charging cable to my veer (with the magnetic connector open) and saw everything working good as new...
    Quote Originally Posted by madlove143 View Post
    To Update on this

I tried clipping away the magnetic connectors plastic cover and to look for any connection probs in wires to Pin..

But nothing seemed to be wrong there.. I tried connecting the charging cable to my veer (with the magnetic connector open) and saw everything working good as new...
    But again, This is not explaining why I couldn't connect with the other cable
    Quote Originally Posted by madlove143 View Post
    To Update on this

i am looking for the wire layout in the magnetic USB connector . .
    As you mentioned that you happen to open it and checked that everything was fine . . . .
    I would appreciate if you can post a pic how does the connector looks from inside i mean which wire connects to which pin in the connector it would be helpful for me .

Thanks in advance . . . . .