webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Veer won't turn on. Help!
Veer won't turn on. Help!
Like Tree1Likes

Old 02/05/2012, 01:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
Hope the storage battery isnít aged out yet Ö
Dr. Battery shows 98 % health.
in isagar2004ís post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
gerzhwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2012, 06:11 AM   #22 (permalink)

THANK YOU !!!

I followed the steps as described on the 2nd post and it worked !

I think it's 2.2.4 that caused the issue, so I'll try 2.2.3 and eventually go back to 2.1.1 if serious issues follow (i.e: Veer shut downs, won't turn on, sound issues ... the list is long, so not so much chances I'll stick with 2.2.3 ^^)

Anyway, this community is so awesome that I like being on webOS just to deal with you people
Old 07/20/2012, 03:41 AM   #23 (permalink)

OKAY, earlier today, my phone was being slow, so i restarted it, and when it went back to turn on, it just went to as if i was connected to the computer, the USB page thing is on, so i restarted it again, and it just shows as if it was connected to a USB, and not doing anything else, i don't know what to do, any suggestions? : [
xamberamazingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/2012, 12:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

One trick I've read about, but not used...

Download a different Doctor - one for another model. Connect the Veer to your computer and start the off-model Doctor. If it connects and verifies the wrong device, it can sometimes "wake up" a stuck phone...

No Doctoring goes on and you don't loose data / apps.

You may also want to try the more drastic "Hard Reset" which isn't good for the phone, but often times works. Hold down the Power button and toggle the Ringer / Silence switch off and on 3 times.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/14/2012, 09:04 AM   #25 (permalink)

Yesterday morning, my wife's Veer would not turn on. She said that the battery was at 75% the night before so she did not put it on the touchstone. After reading this thread and trying everything but the hard reset option, I just opted to let the Veer sit on the charger overnight last night.

Well low and behold, I took it off the charger this morning and tried it - no luck. Then I put it back on the touchstone and BAM! the HP logo appeared. It did a restart and the low battery warning came on. It said it had 7% battery. I noticed that the touchstone was not really charging it, so I used the magnetic charging cable and bingo.

All I can say is that for some reason the touchstone doesn't seem to work so well on it. My older daughter has a Veer too and hers doesn't charge well on the stone. So hopefully we won't have this problem again if its just a matter of using the magnetic cable charger. All four of us in my family have some version of a WebOS phone and we would prefer to stick with them.
Old 11/14/2012, 09:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclingdaddy View Post
Yesterday morning, my wife's Veer would not turn on. She said that the battery was at 75% the night before so she did not put it on the touchstone. After reading this thread and trying everything but the hard reset option, I just opted to let the Veer sit on the charger overnight last night.

Well low and behold, I took it off the charger this morning and tried it - no luck. Then I put it back on the touchstone and BAM! the HP logo appeared. It did a restart and the low battery warning came on. It said it had 7% battery. I noticed that the touchstone was not really charging it, so I used the magnetic charging cable and bingo.

All I can say is that for some reason the touchstone doesn't seem to work so well on it. My older daughter has a Veer too and hers doesn't charge well on the stone. So hopefully we won't have this problem again if its just a matter of using the magnetic cable charger. All four of us in my family have some version of a WebOS phone and we would prefer to stick with them.
Just double check each part of the Touchstone to make sure it works OK. I suspect it's either your USB cable or the wall outlet connector that might be faulty.

You can still get a replacement Touchstone for $8 incl. shipping from Amazon
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2012, 08:41 AM   #27 (permalink)

The Touchstone works fine on my Pre 2 and my younger daughter's Pre Plus. Its "touch" and go for my wife's and older daughter's Veers.

And we have three Touchstones. All the same.
Old 12/26/2012, 04:14 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somline View Post
What I would do:
1. Leave it alone for e.g. one day and try again charging/switching on
or 2. Carefully remove the battery for some minutes. Don't break the sticker while opening.
Had the same just on xmas-day:
- No chance to boot on TS
- No chance to rewake through ringer switch
- No chance to boot through magnetic connector
- No chance to rewake with volume-up and pc connection

Carefully opening the back without breaking the sticker and removing the battery for some minutes solved it... charging up now! Yeeeeha, I have my Veer back!!!! (maybe the little fella was jealous because of the Pre3 I recently bought )

Many thanks somline!
zwergholdrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 11:37 AM   #29 (permalink)

I would have done all these and if none worked give it a break overnight.
Taking out the battery is delicate surgery.

Tips for waking a dead Veer

Using the Veer on AT&T and loving it.
PreJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0