Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    This patch disables the first slider sensor which wakes up the Veer when sliding the keyboard open.

For me it happens very often that I accidentally turn on the Veer by sliding the keyboard minimal open. This bothered me and here is a solution. With the patch the device waits until the second sensor fires before switching on.

It's a first beta, test at your own risk!!!

Download latest version here: http://omoco.de/de.omoco.veersliderfix_0.0.2.ipk
    Source: http://omoco.de/veersliderfix_0.0.2.c

Let me know if it works, problems or suggestions.
    Last edited by SebastianHa; 12/27/2011 at 03:49 AM.
    michote and icethatpuk like this.
  2.    #2  
    Mmh, for me the veer sometimes does not wake up on the first power-button press. can anyone confirm this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianHa View Post
    Mmh, for me the veer sometimes does not wake up on the first power-button press. can anyone confirm this?
    Did not use this patch but it does not work sometimes on first press and have to open the slider.
    Also found 1 more bug, that screen freezes sometime, lock the screen and unlock it then it works fine.
    I installed this patch via webOS Quick Install. This gave me an error dialog in Windows, with no error message in it. When trying, it seems the patch was installed because the Veer was not powering up when sliding the keyboard a little bit open. But...

The power button did not seems to work consistently anymore, sometimes it works sometimes not.
    When sliding the keyboard open a bit and closing it again without powering up the Veer it seems that the switch is not closed again, because when powering up with the power button I get the dialog with the three buttons (Airplane Mode, Power and Cancel).

So I decided to remove the path, done that via Preware. That seems to go ok. No restart of Luna although.

After sometime playing around with this my Veer suddenly freezes, nothing worked anymore, the device was powered up but not responsive any more. Also the power button did not work...

Now I had a problem, could not switch off my Veer anymore...

I had to disassemble my precious Veer and removed the battery.

This patch is definitely not ready to use. (Version 0.0.1)
  5.    #5  
    Hi,

thanks for the information! A disassemble was not necessary.
    If your Veer is stuck...
    should help.

The problem is that the patch removes the button devices and when there is something wrong while deinstalling it can happen that the veer will no longer respond.

You also can login via novacom and restart the device via commandline. Just type "restart".

Thanks for your report I hope I will find some time to take a look at it soon.
    I'm very interested in this "patch". Why is it actually an ipk and not a patch? Wanted to look into the source but am to lazy to unpack :-)
  7.    #7  
    It's not a patch-file, it's a small daemon watching for the sensor events and filtering the one sensor out.

here is the source: http://omoco.de/veersliderfix_0.0.1.c
  8.    #8  
    Here is how it works exactly:

/dev/input/keypad1 normally is a symbolic link to /dev/input/event0

The daemon removes /dev/input/keypad1 and creates a pipe with the same name. Then it listens to /dev/input/event0. Whenever there is a button-press it looks for keycode 248 (first sensor). It does not redirect this event to the pipe.

When there is a 247 it sends the events for both sensors to the pipe becuse the system need both events.

(while thinking about this it could be the wrong order of the events which toggles the problems. I will take a look at this)
    It's not a patch-file, it's a small daemon watching for the sensor events and filtering the one sensor out.

here is the source: http://omoco.de/veersliderfix_0.0.1.c
    Thats cool. Stealing the event. Thanks for the code and for the app ;-).
    Good work. Will try it.
    Last edited by somline; 12/23/2011 at 09:30 AM.
  10.    #10  
    I definitely send the wrong order

open and close slider normal:
    sensor1, sensor2, sensor2, sensor1

my damon now:
    sensor2, sensor1, sensor2, sensor1

That must be fixed! Perhaps this is causing the bug
    Always the same: By explaining how something works to someone, you find bugs ;-)
    Thanks Basti. Clever made.
    Hi,

thanks for the information! A disassemble was not necessary.
    If your Veer is stuck...
    should help.

The problem is that the patch removes the button devices and when there is something wrong while deinstalling it can happen that the veer will no longer respond.

You also can login via novacom and restart the device via commandline. Just type "restart".

Thanks for your report I hope I will find some time to take a look at it soon.
    Ah, thanks for those tips. Good luck fixing the problem, it seems very reasonable that the sequence of events is the problem.
  13.    #13  
    testing it right now on my veer, will publish results later.
  14.    #14  
    mmh, it does not help.

it's mysterious. Some events just do not get fired. They are not even visible in /var/log/messages. That's really strange.
  15.    #15  
    ok, next try, here is 0.0.2 which hopefully fixes the problems. Please test and let me know.

Keep in mind that it is still beta - use at your own risk!

REMOVE / DEINSTALL OLD VERSION FIRST!

http://omoco.de/de.omoco.veersliderfix_0.0.2.ipk

Source:
    http://omoco.de/veersliderfix_0.0.2.c
    Last edited by SebastianHa; 12/23/2011 at 01:09 PM.
    devil.insulted likes this.
    Seems to work pretty well. Great "patch". Thanks sebastian.
  17.    #17  
    We will see if it works for a longer time. I hope so.

AGAIN: it's important to remove the old version first. I just ran into trouble
  18.    #18  
    For me it seems to work without problems. So I hopefully found the bug.
    any update on this app sebastian?
  20.    #20  
    there is version 0.0.2 which works for me without any problems just give it a try.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast