Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ltyarbro42 View Post
    This patch worked great for me up until a few days ago. After receiving a phone call (when the screen would turn of) it would not turn back on unless a hard restart. After removing the patch the problem is solved. I don't think I have any conflicting patches installed. In short, I miss this patch and want it back

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I faced the same problem after updating to 2.2.3 and removed the same.
    I dont think this patch is required in 2.2.3 as until I open the slider completely it does not unlock the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    Make sure that you dont have this app installed which gives you an option to setup the keyboard light separate from the screen, otherwise keyboard backlight no longer works atlease for me.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devil.insulted View Post
    I faced the same problem after updating to 2.2.3 and removed the same.
    I dont think this patch is required in 2.2.3 as until I open the slider completely it does not unlock the phone.
    I can also confirm that it is not needed after 2.2.3 update on my phone.
    I'm currently on 2.1.2 but I am getting tired of waiting for the official OTA update -_- are there any known conflicting patches? I recently doctored (just because I hadn't yet and I probably needed after awhile of use) and that is when The screen started acting funny. Pre-doctor it hadn't done this
    Quote Originally Posted by ltyarbro42 View Post
    I'm currently on 2.1.2 but I am getting tired of waiting for the official OTA update -_- are there any known conflicting patches? I recently doctored (just because I hadn't yet and I probably needed after awhile of use) and that is when The screen started acting funny. Pre-doctor it hadn't done this
    I would go to the 2.2.4 update.it is so much more stable and so much faster than 2.1.x and there are plenty of patches available.
    sent my $5 along finally. Thank you again.

as far as the side note about 2.2.3. Well I would love the update but then I would lose my overclock.
    v0.0.2 patch seems to work fine on my usa att veer, webos 2.1.2. also, keyboard light still working fine.

This slider stupidity was one of my major gripes w/ the veer, and thanks to your great work, it now appears to be fixed. Thanks for writing and sharing this patch! Will tide me over until att releases webos 2.2.x (if they ever release it). My only suggestion would be to upload into the preware feeds so more folks can benefit .
    Last edited by tannenba; 02/22/2012 at 06:51 AM.
    as this "patch" eliminated a major gripe w/ my phone, i would be happy to make a donation to the author, but do not see a donation link anywhere. a couple posts above a user mentioned throwing $5 his way - did a miss a link someplace? thanks.

Edit: found it at omoco.de, sent $5. Worth every cent.
    Last edited by tannenba; 02/27/2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Hi
    I am trying to install using QuickInstall, Preware and Internalz pro . With all methods the instllation failed. Preware and Internalz are looping endless. Preware stops (in the ipkg-log) after Identify.
    Any suggestion?

Edit: solved: reboot before install helps :-)
    Last edited by dafi.pre; 02/23/2012 at 02:32 AM.
    Palm Pilot > treo 180 > treo 650 > palm prē > touchpad > veer
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    This worked great for my Veer. Thanks a bunch!
  12.    #52  
    I really need some time to repackage this and submit it to preware. Thanks for the feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianHa View Post
    This patch disables the first slider sensor which wakes up the Veer when sliding the keyboard open.

For me it happens very often that I accidentally turn on the Veer by sliding the keyboard minimal open. This bothered me and here is a solution. With the patch the device waits until the second sensor fires before switching on.

It's a first beta, test at your own risk!!!

Download latest version here: http://omoco.de/de.omoco.veersliderfix_0.0.2.ipk
    Source: http://omoco.de/veersliderfix_0.0.2.c

Let me know if it works, problems or suggestions.
    Thank's a lot works perfect
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123