Help me please.

I have HP Veer ATT, unlocked, activated, all setup is ok: Internet, App Catalog, Preware, Impostah etc. everything works fine ...

But when an incoming call on the screen is blank, nothing happens, no buttons to accept or refuse a call - nothing. I can not receive calls.
    When the call is completed I get a message on the screen about unanswered calls.

Outgoing calls without any problems, sim card is OK
    I reinstall firmware, nothing helped,i did reset -no result.
    I suspect that the soft problem ... where a configuration can be corrected, or even do not know ....
    Same setup, same problem here. I thought it was my bad 2g reception, maybe not? Anyone?
    Last edited by renater; 12/11/2011 at 01:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I don't know exactly what your problem is, but I am able to answer incoming calls by opening the slider. If the slider's already open, I can close it and open it again to answer as well. Does that work for you two?
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    I don't know exactly what your problem is, but I am able to answer incoming calls by opening the slider. If the slider's already open, I can close it and open it again to answer as well. Does that work for you two?
    Thanks for your reply. Problem is the the incoming call is not showing at all till the caller hangs up. It then shows immediately that I missed a call. I can easily reproduce it over and over again. I've been through all kinds of settings and resets but I can't get it to work. Either no one uses his Veer to receive calls or their is some odd combination of software, settings, sims, unlocking, provider etc. which causes this.

I really hope someone has seen this behaviour before and managed to fix it.
    are you using a non-stock kernel? I know that the Pre-/+ used to have issues using the 250 or 125 clock speeds with missed calls and other lag problems (with the screen off anyway).
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Problem is the the incoming call is not showing at all till the caller hangs up. It then shows immediately that I missed a call. I can easily reproduce it over and over again. I've been through all kinds of settings and resets but I can't get it to work. Either no one uses his Veer to receive calls or their is some odd combination of software, settings, sims, unlocking, provider etc. which causes this.

Mine would do this. Not constantly but a real pain.

I've done two things and it seems to be fixed;

1) Installed preset reset and scheduled a reset at night
    2) Disabled the voice dial service (http://www.webosnation.com/disable-o...rew-weboos-2-1)

Seems to be much better, maybe even fixed.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    are you using a non-stock kernel? I know that the Pre-/+ used to have issues using the 250 or 125 clock speeds with missed calls and other lag problems (with the screen off anyway).
    No, stock kernel, stock speeds, no tweaking. Really frustrating. Will see if I can do some SIM swapping over the weekend. Starting to suspect provider/sim, although everything else is working fine.

@Robdos, thanks for your suggestions. But resetting in any way, luna start, device restart or shutdown doesn't solve my problem. Might try the voicedial patch but I have never used voicedial on my Veer
    Last edited by renater; 12/16/2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Added Robdos reply
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    Mine would do this. Not constantly but a real pain.

I've done two things and it seems to be fixed;

1) Installed preset reset and scheduled a reset at night
    2) Disabled the voice dial service (http://www.webosnation.com/disable-o...rew-weboos-2-1)

Seems to be much better, maybe even fixed.

Good luck!
    Scrap the above, its still rubbish...
    Have you tried to redoctor your phone?
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I've doctored mine, twice.

Hoping to get 2.2.4 to see if that fixes it. Unfortunately as I work in the software industry I'm not prepared to try the unofficial installation from this forum.
    can you upload a small video of your issue
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renater View Post

For what it's worth, when I moved away from a big city with great Sprint signal to my home town with terrible Sprint signal, I had this very issue all the time, except it was on my Pre-. The Pre would sit there in front of me on the touchstone next to my computer and all of a sudden pop up with a missed call notification. This happened EVERY time someone called me for 2 weeks, 30-40 phone calls, even my wife calling from across the room, until I installed a patch to force roaming on Verizon. Every call came through after that. So there's another vote for a carrier/provider cause.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I doctored my Veer yesterday morning. I would have fully expected the phone app to start playing up by now, but it seems stable.

The only difference is I havent enabled dev mode and installed any patches. I think I'll give it another 24 hours before I install anything "unofficial" and post back my findings after Christmas.