Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    does exist - worked on my EU Veer. I fixed the link above...
    Quote Originally Posted by zwergholdrio View Post
    does exist - worked on my EU Veer. I fixed the link above...
    Thanks for fixing that, but it still doesn't work. Says it SMS'd the app to my phone, but like the last couple of times I've tried to use this, it just doesn't ever show up...

What would happen if I turned Backup off and on again. The phone hasn't been able to Backup since Dec. 30, 2011. Thanks.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekis View Post

What would happen if I turned Backup off and on again. The phone hasn't been able to Backup since Dec. 30, 2011. Thanks.
    I tried this and it didn't work for me.

ok, this app solved my backup issue yesterday: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...cationid=10476
    Giving this a go right now.

Update: It Worked! The app installed no problem and its back to updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by ltyarbro42 View Post
    I tried this and it didn't work for me.

Giving this a go right now.

Update: It Worked! The app installed no problem and its back to updating.
    This does not/has not ever worked on my phone. I've never been able to get it via SMS. Can someone please tell me what will happen if I turn BACKUP off then back on again? Thanks.
  5.    #25  
    It says it erases what you had backed up previously and disables future updating while turned it is turned off. I don't think this changes anything necessarily. Do you have any patches installed? When I did this earlier today I had everything homebrew removed and it worked. Perhaps give that a try?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Says it SMS'd the app to my phone, but like the last couple of times I've tried to use this, it just doesn't ever show up...
    instead of sending the app via sms try to open the link on your phone. I did it this way and I worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ltyarbro42 View Post
    It says it erases what you had backed up previously and disables future updating while turned it is turned off. I don't think this changes anything necessarily. Do you have any patches installed? When I did this earlier today I had everything homebrew removed and it worked. Perhaps give that a try?
    And THAT was a bad idea...

instead of sending the app via sms try to open the link on your phone. I did it this way and I worked.
    I will try this. Right now the phone is re-building from nothing. Again...
    Last edited by tekis; 01/03/2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Sigh.
  8.    #28  
    And THAT was a bad idea...
    If you're referring to the removal of all backed up data, then yes I wouldn't recommend it even if there as a chance of fixing the problem.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Should I try this when the phone stops Backinup, or before the problem occurs again? Thanks.
    Should I try this when the phone stops Backinup, or before the problem occurs again? Thanks.
    The app is meant to help if your phone has troubles backing up (for me the backup process failed like halfway done). So if your phone is also failing to do a backup, you should open the link on your phone and install the fix beforehand.

Again - please keep in mind the following disclaimer:

IMPORTANT! Do not download this application unless instructed by an HP webOS support agent. “Backup Fix” is a special troubleshooting utility to support special cases involving the backup function of webOS devices. Do not download this app unless you are working with an HP support agent in resolving a backup related issue on your webOS device.

I don't want to be made responsible for messing up your phone! Aight
    The app is meant to help if your phone has troubles backing up (for me the backup process failed like halfway done). So if your phone is also failing to do a backup, you should open the link on your phone and install the fix beforehand.

IMPORTANT! Do not download this application unless instructed by an HP webOS support agent. “Backup Fix” is a special troubleshooting utility to support special cases involving the backup function of webOS devices. Do not download this app unless you are working with an HP support agent in resolving a backup related issue on your webOS device.

Thanks. HP has tried to have me use this before. Just could never get it on my phone. I've just recently reset it, so I'll wait until it stops backing up agian. Should be in about 2 weeks...
    ok, this app solved my backup issue yesterday: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...cationid=10476

I looked at the link and it shows it to be in the HP app catalog, but I do not find it there ...has this been removed?

I had the problem of backup not doing itself automatically daily so what I have done is to turn backup off (it says it erased everything) and then turned it back on, to see if it resolves this. It says it backed up successfully today when turned back on.
    Thanks. HP has tried to have me use this before. Just could never get it on my phone. I've just recently reset it, so I'll wait until it stops backing up agian. Should be in about 2 weeks...
    Did it happen again? If yes did you installed the HP program? Thanks, having the issue on my wife's Pre 2...

Quote Originally Posted by maqk View Post
    Did it happen again? If yes did you installed the HP program? Thanks, having the issue on my wife's Pre 2...
    No matter what I do, I can't get this to install on my phone. The link has a "locked" icon on it. Months ago, HP referred me to this app, but it has never worked...
    No matter what I do, I can't get this to install on my phone. The link has a "locked" icon on it. Months ago, HP referred me to this app, but it has never worked...
    I did install through the link, and can back up now! http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.palm.app.backupfix&applicationid=10476
    I did install through the link, and can back up now! http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...cationid=10476
    My Veer stopped backing up two days ago.

I can always get to that page, but cannot find the actual link once I'm there. Does anyone know? Thanks.
    My Veer stopped backing up two days ago.

I can always get to that page, but cannot find the actual link once I'm there. Does anyone know? Thanks.
    BUMP THIS! Help.
    bump this! Help.
    bump this!
    Where is the actual link, please?
    I did install through the link, and can back up now! http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...cationid=10476
    Where is the link on the above page, please?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast