1.    #1  
    Just recently got an ear piece and was wondering if there is any harm in leaving bluetooth on all the time?
    I keep it on and just turn the ear piece off when I want to use the phone regularly.

Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    It seems to drain the battery faster
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Just recently got an ear piece and was wondering if there is any harm in leaving bluetooth on all the time?
    I keep it on and just turn the ear piece off when I want to use the phone regularly.

Thanks
    Besides increased battery drain, there are no harm in leaving BT on.
    I leave mine on 24-7. Never had the battery go dead yet.
    I touchstone my Veer every night but it rarely goes lower than 30% battery level.
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    I leave mine on 24-7. Never had the battery go dead yet.
    I touchstone my Veer every night but it rarely goes lower than 30% battery level.
    good to know. What patches kernel are you using?
    Bluetooth does not really harm battery on the webos devices. It never has. It's quite below being noticable.... on the Veer there seem to be some bugs that can drain your battery real fast, because they keep your phone busy with some stuff. Those are the real buggers... but BT in standby is as low energy consumption as on every other (webos or not) phone out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    good to know. What patches kernel are you using?
    Only patch I have installed is one to add bold 20 pixels to SMS. Other than that I run it stock.
    I turn my bt off but that's only because of everything else I run that puts a drain on the battery. 1.4 OC, screen never times off, gps always on. Besides I rarely use my phone as a phone. I use it more for texting and internet then talking.
    I use my bt regularly for A2DP audio. Of course during usage it drains a lot of battery, but I think that's more because of the processor hug that A2DP audio is (decoding mp3 then reencode as sbc and transmit via BT and all under heavy time constraints... ).