Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    This is a group for people who need to unlock the HP Veer WITHOUT using any cable or software. Just by IMEI number. You don't need to be an AT&T customer. The codes are calculated. The seller says the delivery time for an unlock code is 1-2 days.

<<deleted by staff>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/07/2011 at 07:17 PM.
    The unlock code is random, i.e. has no logical connection to the IMEI. The seller has probably obtained illegal access to the AT&T database. Also, it is somewhat risky to disclose IMEIs (or any serial for that matter) to such dubious entities.
    Quote Originally Posted by dogber1 View Post
    The unlock code is random, i.e. has no logical connection to the IMEI. The seller has probably obtained illegal access to the AT&T database. Also, it is somewhat risky to disclose IMEIs (or any serial for that matter) to such dubious entities.
    Do most places that sell unlock codes like this do it illegally then? I didn't realize that... I thought places somehow purchased access to the databases or something.
    For the record, even though I joined in August, I joined before the fire sale. :P
    a. AT&T will give you the unlock code if it's in the database.
    b. dogber developed the tool to do it for free. Give him the $15.
    c. Do not give your IMEI to just anyone on a forum. In some parts of the world, using a valid IMEI is the only way to get a stolen/blocked phone to work.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dogber1 View Post
    I asked the seller and he says he has no access to some database. It is not illegal either.

HP Veer Unlock methods advantages and disadvantages:

1) IMEI only method: Easy, cheap, no cable/software needed. Just enter the unlock code. But the disadvantage is that not all unlock codes are available from what I read on this forum and from what I experienced myself.

2) Dogber method: I saw the unlock procedure for another phone that he created. It is free. But the disadvantage is that it is way too hard for the average user.

3) PalmUnlocker software: Easy to do for sure even though it requires cable/software. But the disadvantage is the price.

4) DigitalUnlock software: Easy to do for sure even though it requires cable/software. But the disadvantage is the price.

5) NextGen server: This also uses cable/software. It is cheaper than PalmUnlocker and DigitalUnlock but from what I read on the forums, they have a complicated driver installation procedure so it is not that easy or trouble free.

6) Call AT&T: It's free and easy like the IMEI method but the problem is that AT&T doesn't give you a code unless you are a customer and have fulfilled all requirements on the account.

SO, I had 20 Veer phones to unlock for my husband's shop. I went for the IMEI method. If anybody wants to join, let me know. Out of the 20 IMEI, two codes were not available. I used PalmUnlocker for those two.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawncartagena8 View Post
    2) Dogber method: I saw the unlock procedure for another phone that he created. It is free. But the disadvantage is that it is way too hard for the average user.

5) NextGen server: This also uses cable/software. It is cheaper than PalmUnlocker and DigitalUnlock but from what I read on the forums, they have a complicated driver installation procedure so it is not that easy or trouble free.
    Both are DIAG Mode solutions, and use similar if not the same DIAG drivers.
    I've personally helped about ehrr... a few thousand users who were having problems getting these drivers installed back when JIC Unlock (sold by NextGen) was the only webOS unlock solution around, and that's a very small percentage of users who just purchased an unlock code, followed the instructions to the letter, and succesfully unlocked their webOS phone without ever needing to come to this forum for help.

Same goes for dogber1's unlock solution.
    I asked the seller and he says he has no access to some database. It is not illegal either.
    Since the code is random and the seller has no way of reading it from your particular phone, he must have access to a database, and I doubt very much that either HP or AT&T grant access to anyone but their own select employees.

I have no financial interest in any of this: I'm just in it for the fun. If you want to show your appreciation for my work, please donate money to a reputable charity in my name.

6) Call AT&T: It's free and easy like the IMEI method but the problem is that AT&T doesn't give you a code unless you are a customer and have fulfilled all requirements on the account.
    That's not quite true for the Veer. Normally those are the terms, but that changed a while after the webos device killing announcement. I was able to get an unlock code from ATT even though I told them I didn't have an account with them. After I told the CSR I didn't have an account I mentioned that it was a discontinued phone and got an unlock code no problem. It is the luck of the draw if you get a cooperative and knowledgeable CSR or not. The other issue, I've read about, is if you call from outside the US they will flat out refuse regardless of the CSR.
    Sent from my brain using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzombie View Post
    That's not quite true for the Veer. Normally those are the terms, but that changed a while after the webos device killing announcement. I was able to get an unlock code from ATT even though I told them I didn't have an account with them. After I told the CSR I didn't have an account I mentioned that it was a discontinued phone and got an unlock code no problem. It is the luck of the draw if you get a cooperative and knowledgeable CSR or not. The other issue, I've read about, is if you call from outside the US they will flat out refuse regardless of the CSR.
    I got 1 unlock code from them and I'm from outside the US and NO AT&T customer! I had to give them a ton of data (contact details etc), but well, got a free code For 2nd phone they didn't have a code yet (should be available by now, but used Dogbert's unlock instead ).
    <closed>
    GuyFromNam likes this.