1.    #1  
    Muffle system logs patch and the Dropped Packet Logs patches will not install on the veer, is anyone else having these issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by smcbeaven View Post
    Muffle system logs patch and the Dropped Packet Logs patches will not install on the veer, is anyone else having these issue?
    I am fighting a problem with my Veer (in thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...rebooting.html).

I was advised to install a bunch of patches to reduce system workload and I was successful getting installs for: muffle sys logging, quiet powerd msgs, unset CFQ IO scheduler and unthrottle download manager.

However, I did not install removal of dropped packet logging, silence missing resource handlers. One of these failed to install, the other could not be found in Preware.

So, I guess you are not the only one with trouble, though some of your failed patches are different. Are you fighting the same issue as I do?

Regards, Robert.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
    I am fighting a problem with my Veer (in thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...rebooting.html).

I was advised to install a bunch of patches to reduce system workload and I was successful getting installs for: muffle sys logging, quiet powerd msgs, unset CFQ IO scheduler and unthrottle download manager.

However, I did not install removal of dropped packet logging, silence missing resource handlers. One of these failed to install, the other could not be found in Preware.

So, I guess you are not the only one with trouble, though some of your failed patches are different. Are you fighting the same issue as I do?

Regards, Robert.
    thats really weird, no i am not having that issue, but i even tried installing muffle system logging and dropped packet loss first, and they failed. I cant even do the ##LOGS to set the logs to a minimal on my veer. i dont understand why. I was thinking about doctoring it and trying again. Have you tried to doctor it?
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    thats really weird, no i am not having that issue, but i even tried installing muffle system logging and dropped packet loss first, and they failed. I cant even do the ##LOGS to set the logs to a minimal on my veer. i dont understand why. I was thinking about doctoring it and trying again. Have you tried to doctor it?
    On the Veer, I believe it's #*LOGS or something like that. Need the asterisk.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    For the Veer it is #*LOGS#
    Last edited by kryptonite_2448; 04/12/2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  6.    #6  
    I was able to install muffle system logs, but can't get dropped packet loss to install. very strange. and a bummer

moto tacstar => kyocera k9 => samsung a460 => samsung n400 => nokia 3588i => samsung a920 => samsung a800 => samsung a940 => lg fusic => samsung instinct => pixi => pre => arrive => nexus s => veer => pre 2 =>pre 3 => hd7 => iphone 4s => nokia lumia 710 => nokia lumia 800 => samsung gs3 => blackberry bold 9650 => nokia lumia 900
    I was able to install muffle system logs, but can't get dropped packet loss to install. very strange. and a bummer
    Ditto
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain