1.    #1  
    Did anyone else get notified about an "update" to 2.1.2 this morning? I saw a thread about this with Verizon Pixis a few days ago... (Not 2.1.2 for Pixi, but about an update notification for the same version as was already installed).
    For the record, even though I joined in August, I joined before the fire sale. :P
    It did on my 2.2.3 Veer with 2.1.2 Profile and thought it was a bug! You got this on a 2.1.2 Veer?
    Last edited by Herrie; 12/02/2011 at 09:21 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It did on my 2.2.3 Veer with 2.1.2 Profile and thought it was a bug! You got this on a 2.1.2 Veer?
    Yeah, I got it on a 2.1.2 Veer.

I noticed that Verizon Pixis had the same thing happen with 1.4.5.1 (which was already their version), but I haven't had time to look at the thread again.
    For the record, even though I joined in August, I joined before the fire sale. :P
    Got it too on 2.1.2 unlocked ATT Veer. Don't think that it changed something, but just in case, my new(?) firmware version from Device Info is BU1.9.15(264). Can somebody prove that it's the same as before?

Edit: Checked over internets — yep, it's same version. So, don't know if the update had any purpose.
    Last edited by acaN4eg; 12/03/2011 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Confirmed info
    The 'update' crashed my wife's Veer. Maps and backup are both broken. Attempting an erase and restore, but having problems.

It worked ok for my phone after updating the Maps software.
    I got that message too. Does that mean they will update 2.2.3? Maybe someone got stupid and put up a old firmware instead of new?