1.    #1  
    I deleted some preware programs on my Veer and now only a few of the standard apps work. None of the remaining preware apps will finish loading. I cannot get Developer Mode to load, so I can't run WebOSDoctor or Preware.

I can see the Veer as a drive when I connect via USB, but I cannot get the Novacom driver to load.

Currently the only apps that load are:

Phone
    Calendar
    Email
    Contacts
    Camera
    Photos
    Video
    Music
    Memo
    Tasks
    Calculator
    Maps

The following launch but never load:

HP App Catalog
    Clock
    Sound Settings
    Screen & Lock
    Bluetooth
    VPN
    Software Manager
    System Updates
    Location Services
    Device Info
    SIM Toolkit
    Network Service
    Wi-Fi
    plus all Preware Apps installed such as Headlines, Express Stocks, Preware, ...

What do I do to fix this? Is there a way that I can restore to factory default without being able to get DeveloperMode or DeviceInfo or the Novacom driver to work?

Please help me.....

Thanks,
    Marc
    you can do a "factory reset" by running the webos doctor from palm.com/rom and it doesn't require developer mode.

if you want to be in developer mode for some reason, just type webos20090606
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you can do a "factory reset" by running the webos doctor from palm.com/rom and it doesn't require developer mode.

if you want to be in developer mode for some reason, just type webos20090606
    Thanks...but I can't get to Device Info to get to Reset Options. I can put it in USB mode, but WebOS Doctor does not see my Veer after I click "Next" and it performs the scan. It just tells me to "connect my device directly to the USB port of my PC" which I have already done.

Any thoughts?
    you don't need to be in usb mode to run the doctor.

usb mode is ONLY for transfering files.

if you want to force usb mode, use the keyboard to simultaneously press square+sym+u
    if you need to be in "recovery" mode (shows a usb symbol but is NOT usb mode) you need to power off your phone. Then held down the up volume button while turning the phone on. Continue to hold the volume until you see the symbol.

don't plug in the phone until the doctor tells you to.

sometimes you have to restart the novacom driver on your pc from the program manager, but that it not as common.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc60170 View Post
    Thanks...but I can't get to Device Info to get to Reset Options. I can put it in USB mode, but WebOS Doctor does not see my Veer after I click "Next" and it performs the scan. It just tells me to "connect my device directly to the USB port of my PC" which I have already done.

Any thoughts?
    I just used the up arrow (cap key) + "sym" + "r" key to reboot while I was connected via USB then I held the volume key up which successfully got me into USB update mode. I am now able to run WebOS Doctor. Thanks for the help...I will let you know how I make out.