1.    #1  
    Hi,

I need to know if this is real or fake! Is this possible?
    Maybe there is a software that can change the 'version' that appears on Settings.

Do you guys know something about this?
    I'm gonna receive a Veer in a few days, what can I do if my version is 2.1?
    How can I do the update to 2.2.3 or 2.2.4?

Help, :-(

http://db.tt/R3Rpkp5w
    Is this picture fake or what?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by irrdsr; 11/10/2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Link the picture.
    a very few pre3 and veer devices have made it out of HP either with unreleased versions of webOS installed, and/or the update server set to the internal QA server so that it tries to update to an unreleased version of webOS upon activation.

it's quite unlikely whatever Veer you receive will be one of those, and you will most likely get a perfectly normal veer with webOS 2.1.2 on it. That's what you want. You don't want to be running with an unreleased version of webOS, at least not yet.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    a very few pre3 and veer devices have made it out of HP either with unreleased versions of webOS installed, and/or the update server set to the internal QA server so that it tries to update to an unreleased version of webOS upon activation.

it's quite unlikely whatever Veer you receive will be one of those, and you will most likely get a perfectly normal veer with webOS 2.1.2 on it. That's what you want. You don't want to be running with an unreleased version of webOS, at least not yet.
    Oh, thats interesting, so it'd better to have the 2.1.2 rather to other 'newer' versions? I was thinking that it'd be better to have the 2.2.3 or 2.2.4 for the number of bugs that maybe could be fixed in that versions... Excuse my ignorance, but, what is the lastest official and public release version for the Veers? 2.2? 2.1.2? And how the updates works? All are via OTA? There are news about new versions coming soon for the Veer officially announced for HP? what do you guys think about the bugs in the Veer? Are they tolerable? Thank you!
    2.1.2 is the current and I believe only official webOS released for the Veer. 2.2.3, 2.2.4 would be nice, but since they're unreleased as of yet they probably have plenty of bugs still. Also, if you're dealing with an unreleased version then you have no webOS Doctor if you have problems, and no support from webOS Internals as far as patches, custom kernels, etc.

As to whether 2.2.x will be officially released by HP for the Veer, the waters are oh-so-muddy on that front. Since the Veer was officially sold by AT&T (I'm just guessing you're talking about an AT&T Veer, even if it's unlocked and coming from other channels), any OTA update probably has to be approved by AT&T. AT&T probably has no interest in spending any time on anything from HP, now or ever. There's also talk that HP is done with anything pertaining to webOS on phones, and that they're not going to release any further updates at all even though some build of 2.2.4 has been proven to exist. That all said, the Veer was also sold completely unlocked directly by HP in Europe, so if they wished to release an update they could release it for that Veer without discussing it with AT&T here. If that occurs, then webOS Internals will likely make it possible to install that version on an AT&T Veer.

Ultimately, yes, you will want to be running 2.2.something on your Veer. Just not today.
    by the way, there apparently was a guy on ebay selling a bunch of AT&T Veers that had in fact been updated to a non-AT&T version of webOS 2.2.3. So yeah, there are perhaps a small bunch of people out there running 2.2.3 on their Veers. But the problem still is that it's an unreleased version of webOS, so webOS Internals won't touch it. In my book, support from webOS Internals is more important than support from HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
    2.1.2............................. ultimately, yes, you will want to be running 2.2.something on your Veer. Just not today.
    I would have said ultimately yes you will want to be running 2.2 something if you can possibly get your hands on it :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    2.1.2 is the current and I believe only official webOS released for the Veer.
    The EU Veer is still on webOS 2.1.1

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals