1.    #1  
    RESOVED!!
    Ok, fixed it. In case others have this annoying issue, here's what I did to fix it.
    I was about to reinstall WebOS 2.1.2 via WebOS Doctor but decided to run some tests.
    What I did was I shut down my phone, removed the sim card, booted my phone back up, then inserted the sim card when the phone turned back on. After that I could send texts again!

ORIGINAL POST:
    So I unlocked my HP Veer yesterday night. Put my Tmobile simcard in and everything was working great. I could text and call. Even today I texted and called until about 4:00 pm. Around that time, I put my phone into developer mode, installed Preware, installed a theme on my phone, and rebooted my phone. Everything seemed fine. But when I tried to send a text, I got a message that said this:

"Could not send your message due to a network error. Try again. 38"

Can anyone help me out? Is this due to developer mode? Is it because of the theme? Is it because it is an unlocked phone? I have yet to restore my phone to how it was before I did these mods so I will try it out as soon as I get a chance.
    Also, I just tested it on another phone but I am able to receive calls and texts from other people.
    Last edited by mankey magic; 11/09/2011 at 02:49 PM.
    just remove the theme and see if you still get the error!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    just remove the theme and see if you still get the error!
    Just removed the theme and rebooted. Still no luck.
    Maybe preware has something to do with it?
    If I go into developer mode in order to connect with WebOS Quick Install, do I need to exit from developer mode or is that automatic?
  4.    #4  
    Deleted Preware and all associated patches, disabled developer mode, rebooted, still no dice. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I'm thinking of doing some sort of reset or restore. Anyone have an idea of how to go about doing this?

Also, I believe I have an old 32k sim card fwiw.
    try to reset the phone If it doesn't work it could be your sim or service. Maybe try sim with a different phone if text works.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    try to reset the phone If it doesn't work it could be your sim or service. Maybe try sim with a different phone if text works.
    Does the full erase on the phone work fine for this sort of thing? I remember reading somewhere that I should avoid the reset on the phone.
  7.    #7  
    Wiped my phone via full erase. Messaging problem persists. What the heck is going on with this thing?!
    Should I use WebOS Doctor?
  8.    #8  
    Ok, fixed it. In case others have this annoying issue, here's what I did to fix it.
    I was about to reinstall WebOS 2.1.2 via WebOS Doctor but decided to run some tests.
    What I did was I shut down my phone, removed the sim card, booted my phone back up, then inserted the sim card when the phone turned back on. After that I could send texts again!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Try formatting your device and if does not work out than consider that your problem is severe. In that case you can look to use Data Recovery Software's which are easily available and handy to use. You could check out SysInfoTools Data Recovery Software.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I don't mean to be rude but you replied to a thread that died 6 years ago?