Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I have had the veer for just over two weeks. I purchased it unlocked on ebay for use on T-mobile and have been really happy with it until.... the phone wouldn't start up/wake up and I got the battery symbol with the question mark when trying to charge it.

    I have read the other posts about the battery question mark symbol. The symbol either means the the phone thinks the battery is not present or the battery has been drained to a point that the phone doesn't see it.

    The solutions proposed have been:

    1. Force a restart either by holding down the power button and sliding the ringer back and forth 3 times or using the key commands.
    2. Let the battery fully drain (which may take a few days) and recharge it with the cable with the understanding that it could take hours for it to recharge enough to restart.
    3. Open the veer (carefully so as not to void the warranty) pull out the battery and put it back in.
    4. Pull out the battery and short the contacts with a piece of metal (?)

    None of the above suggestions have solved the problem for me no matter how long I charge the phone, no matter what method I try to charge the phone or no matter how many times I pull the battery.

    I will contact HP but assume they won't help me because the phone is unlocked and they send veer customers to AT&T support.

    Before I spend money on trying a replacement battery does anyone have any other suggestions to how to fix this?

    Many thanks.
  2. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #2  
    you can send it in unlocked back to hp, i have on my veer, the only thing is that they relock the device after they fix it

    your only worry is that if you opened your veer you might have voided your warranty
    that and the wait for my repair was excruciatingly long
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the heads up. Pretty sure the warranty tape is still in place. I'll contact HP and plan to be patient.
  4. tEhLoNeR's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jac70 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Pretty sure the warranty tape is still in place. I'll contact HP and plan to be patient.
    well wait times might be shorter this time, from what i heard the only reason why mine took so long was because they were waiting for parts


    you might get lucky and get it fixed within two weeks

    also if you want to unlock it again after you get it back use dogbert's unlock, it worked great for me
  5.    #5  
    Following your advice and @74sickness from another thread, I contacted HP support via their web chat and chose to have a replacement phone sent to me for $29 rather than possibly wait weeks for repair. Thanks again.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jac70 View Post
    I have had the veer for just over two weeks. I purchased it unlocked on ebay for use on T-mobile and have been really happy with it until.... the phone wouldn't start up/wake up and I got the battery symbol with the question mark when trying to charge it.

    I have read the other posts about the battery question mark symbol. The symbol either means the the phone thinks the battery is not present or the battery has been drained to a point that the phone doesn't see it.

    The solutions proposed have been:

    1. Force a restart either by holding down the power button and sliding the ringer back and forth 3 times or using the key commands.
    2. Let the battery fully drain (which may take a few days) and recharge it with the cable with the understanding that it could take hours for it to recharge enough to restart.
    3. Open the veer (carefully so as not to void the warranty) pull out the battery and put it back in.
    4. Pull out the battery and short the contacts with a piece of metal (?)

    None of the above suggestions have solved the problem for me no matter how long I charge the phone, no matter what method I try to charge the phone or no matter how many times I pull the battery.

    I will contact HP but assume they won't help me because the phone is unlocked and they send veer customers to AT&T support.

    Before I spend money on trying a replacement battery does anyone have any other suggestions to how to fix this?

    Many thanks.
    Yeah! Thanks for this post/thread. I had the "?" tonight after totally draining the battery by creating a hotspot. The "power + (ringer x 3)" caused a reboot.

    Thanks!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    ..............the only thing is that they relock the device after they fix it........
    Actually it would usually be "relocked" because you get a refurb device, that has never been unlocked
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Posting Permissions