Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi, I got my veer right away when it came out and had big hopes. All possible critique was ignored and to be honest I didn't even want to be critical about anything because I wanted the system to succeed. I advertised to the phone to anyone who asked. Now the veer-world looks slightly different and I am happy that no one followed my recommendation.
    My veer had to be repaired once by HP, which I think can happen to any phone. So that is not the real thing. But I honestly thing that webos in it's current version is way to buggy. On a regular base, my phone goes crazy. I can't press a button, I can't pick up a call, sometimes I can't even turn the screen on and off. And then suddenly all these actions get performed at the same time. That is just one of the problem I encounter....

So now that I am disenchanted, I must say that my veer sucks and I am tired of investing time to fix things here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post
    Hi, I got my veer right away when it came out and had big hopes. All possible critique was ignored and to be honest I didn't even want to be critical about anything because I wanted the system to succeed. I advertised to the phone to anyone who asked. Now the veer-world looks slightly different and I am happy that no one followed my recommendation.
    My veer had to be repaired once by HP, which I think can happen to any phone. So that is not the real thing. But I honestly thing that webos in it's current version is way to buggy. On a regular base, my phone goes crazy. I can't press a button, I can't pick up a call, sometimes I can't even turn the screen on and off. And then suddenly all these actions get performed at the same time. That is just one of the problem I encounter....

So now that I am disenchanted, I must say that my veer sucks and I am tired of investing time to fix things here and there.
    Try a Pre 3.
    Palm Pre ----> Palm Pre Plus ----> Palm Pre 2---->HP TouchPad---->HP Pre 3!!!
    may i know what phone you used prior to the veer?

maybe you need to doctor?

i used the veer too before i got my pre3. It performed well for me.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I'm getting the same thing about once a day it goes crazy and the doctor doesent do anything.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have doctored the phone probably five times and it was complexly reset (or I got a new phone) when HP repaired it. Didn't help... But my point also is that I am tired of spending my time to fix this phone. I just think the OS or software/hardware combination is buggy. That's it. I also remember this video from some engaget related site that complained about bugs like that in the beginning...

Another thing is that I have to charge the battery all the time...

I used to have an ancient iphone 3G, which was overburdened with iOS 4, and broke at some point. Then I used a good old nokia with monochrome display for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    LOL. WebOS was extremely buggy on every devices it was on. And you will get the same answer from this forum, my pre or touchpad or veer or pixi is perfect, you should doctor your device. It's your fault.
    My Pre Plus was extremely buggy. I doctored twice. I returned it twice. But I just ended up learn how to live with the bugs. And I was so glad to change my phone to something more reliable and never looked back.
    Wouldn't you consider yourself to be looking back by the fact that you are on this site?
    sbock, Rockbeast and pgarcia like this.
    well there are bugs and stuff always as in any mobile OS. It is really a matter of which bugs you can live with.

its like this on any platform. When you want an iOS or android to behave like webOS, you wont be happy, and vice versa.

different folks, different strokes.

this forum obviously loves the webOS platform and the bugs or whatever is "lacking" does not bother us. Personally, i have used/ am using iOS and android, i just keep going back to webOS.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    Wouldn't you consider yourself to be looking back by the fact that you are on this site?
    I love mobile devices. I visit bunch of different mobile websites, including this one. I am not looking back. Unless company who can make good device, like HTC or Samsung, to make webOS device, i am not going to buy one. I never trusted HP product, even my company HP laptop sucks. I am so glad they finally changed it to Lenovo ThinkPad.
    I love mobile devices. I visit bunch of different mobile websites, including this one. I am not looking back. Unless company who can make good device, like HTC or Samsung, to make webOS device, i am not going to buy one. I never trusted HP product, even my company HP laptop sucks. I am so glad they finally changed it to Lenovo ThinkPad.
    I agree. I wish HP never bought webOS and I hope someone else buys webOS before HP completely ruins it or maybe they already have.
    LOL. WebOS was extremely buggy on every devices it was on. And you will get the same answer from this forum, my pre or touchpad or veer or pixi is perfect, you should doctor your device. It's your fault.
    My Pre Plus was extremely buggy. I doctored twice. I returned it twice. But I just ended up learn how to live with the bugs. And I was so glad to change my phone to something more reliable and never looked back.
    Same if I heard lots of people said 'webos sucks and other OS more reliable. Change to other phone or jump ship and never look back..blah..blah....' It is and old song , old lullaby. If you glad change phone other then WebOS then good for you. I just want to be clear that none smartphone is reliable. The most reliable phone is dumb phone, which only can receive and make call and sms.

WebOS buggy, yes. WebOS sucks, depend on yourself.
    I have many deviced at home , not mention how many Android phones I ever played.
    I have unusable pre+, before that I have unusable pre-, both suffers from TouchSensor problem. I have Veer, I have Pre3, and I have Touchpad. I have iPad1, and I have iPod Touch 4. I have played iPhone 4, iPad 2 and many many Android phone.

But I still prefer 'buggy' webOS. I don't care how much money I spent to buy WebOS devices. WHY? Because I found it is far usefull for me. It is far from perfect, but it gave many other thing I can't found on other devices with other OS.

So if you have problem with one or two webos devices, not shown that webOS as bad as you said. I already spent money for 5 webos devices, and I never said WebOS is perfect, but it is simply the best among other, shame it is not have good fortune.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Maybe 'webos sucks' was to much...
    I basically wanted to make the point that I went from enthusiasm and hope when the new HP phones came out to disappointment. This disappointment not only comes from both the way in which my veer performs but also the way in which HP handled the whole web os thing.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The only problem I have with the Veer is the touch going wonky if I keep it in a pocket facing my leg. For some reason heat/humidity wreak havoc with this touchscreen. I've I carry it in a pouch or face it away from my body it has no problems and I've used it in five different countries for many different things...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.hoch View Post
    Maybe 'webos sucks' was to much...
    I basically wanted to make the point that I went from enthusiasm and hope when the new HP phones came out to disappointment. This disappointment not only comes from both the way in which my veer performs but also the way in which HP handled the whole web os thing.
    No. Suck words is pretty relevant here if your Veer really that bad. But I won't give advice like other, doctoring like that. Just tried to remember since when you have problem on veer. Since you install something or you do something about it. If first time you use it don't have problem, then you should trace it, why and when it happened. If it is just suddenly gone crazy, maybe it is hardware failure. My pre- & pre+ suddenly suffer from phantom touch, none can cure it because it is hardware failure. And almost all people know that pre first gen really have bad quality. If you have failure Veer, try fix or replace it then sell it, change it with pre3, I found it is the best webOS phone. It is not perfect, but very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The only problem I have with the Veer is the touch going wonky if I keep it in a pocket facing my leg. For some reason heat/humidity wreak havoc with this touchscreen. I've I carry it in a pouch or face it away from my body it has no problems and I've used it in five different countries for many different things...
    Yes, webos device seems using same built/ technology, which very fragile with water / fluid spill. It will make screen gone crazy or stop work at all. I found Apple products far better In screen. My ipad & ipod never gone crazy even there is water spill on the screen.
    I used to have this problem especially because I have naturally sweaty hands, but after I put a screen protector on, I've very rarely had a problem with it.
    Just to be clear, I'm not the one who is going to be silly and inappropriate here...not me...I won't stoop that low...aw, the heck with it!

How are you working your Veer while it's in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?

I feel tainted somehow...regret that I couldn't resist the need to type that!

Hangs head in shame...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

tracks914 likes this.
    the veer is one of my favorite phones I have ever used! I can't believe more people dont love it or own it
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    the veer is one of my favorite phones I have ever used! I can't believe more people dont love it or own it
    I agree! I've been using Nokia and BB for over 10 years now (Nokia 8250, Nokia 8910, Blackberry 8820/Nokia 3109 Classic, Nokia E71) and now a HP Veer.

I always liked the simplicity of Nokia, however the E71 was having so many quirks, especially dealing with large amounts of email, menu getting screwed up, hanging etc.

The Veer has none of that and I like the cards, swiping etc

Only downside from Veer is the call quality with slider closed and WebOS 2.1.2 (eagerly waiting for 2.2.3 and TTS with my Touchpad). For the rest it's an ideal phone for me and very small Can deal with 6 email accounts, Exchange Group mailboxes etc properly unlike my Nokia E71!
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/03/2011 at 12:23 PM.
    Want to avoid almost 100% of the problems? Where is the next phone for you:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qumuyvC53C.../telephone.jpg

GL!
    fxspec06 and sledge007 like this.
    I was thinking the OP might be having the touchscreen issue adding to his frustration.

For whatever reason, seems like the Veers had a higher than average percentage of bad screens.

My Veer worked awesome and I am keeping it to switch up for when I need to carry a small phone. My wife did have some random touchscreen issues, but not frequent enough for a warranty claim. She is now on a Pre2 (she ended up wanting a bigger screen in the long run) and I went through Pre2 to Pre3 (shoulda never bought the 2, but bought it when ATT 3's were still high). Pre2 and Pre3 are both awesome, Veer is awesome if you don't get one with a *touchy* touch screen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    It ain't perfect, to be sure. Meets my needs. I use it as a second phone - I'm in contract and got a BlackBerry from work so I use my little Veer for it's magic tethering and as a super small device that I carry around and rarely use. People love asking me about the thing - they call it my Zoolander phone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast